Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Musings

Wow, it's been a week since I've been here.  I'm sure you missed me.  Or not.  But it is Monday and Muse I must.

A good many of you know where we've been the past week.  Well, in August I said after our time at a similar place in a different state that it was the best one ever.  And it was.  This time in our own state, it was the best one ever.  Times two.

As I've stated before, we are full of good friends right here in our own backyard.  Like really good friends.   But the purpose I had this year was to expand my cheer.  Or my talkativeness.  Or my gleaning of thoughts from others.  I wanted to go out of my comfort zone and meet and learn some faces that are always there but I don't really know.  And it was wonderful.  And fresh.  And made it all seem a bit richer.

I'm not for on-line dating match-ups.  I think there's much to hide.  Maybe even about 50 lbs. if they use an old picture.  But I am for on-line friendships.  I think you learn an awful lot about someone by having a friendship on-line with someone sharing the ups and downs and serious and hilarious moments of life.  Well one in particular I only knew by name and sight was there.  We became fast friends on-line.  She didn't disappoint.  She was exactly like I expected.  Or maybe not.  I think a lot better in fact.  I rue the fact I didn't get a picture of her with us or our children.  But there may be another opportunity somehow this coming year.

But I do have a picture!

Do you see those sweet faces?  They are part of the cleaning crew.  Yes, they are young.  Yes, they are dressed to the nines or tens.  But they have been willing helpers now for many years.  Well not that littlest one.  She's nothing but trouble with a lot of sweetness and her mother will tell you as much.   We have job security in our bathroom-cleaning chores.  And we love it right down to the septic system.  Well maybe not quite.  It is tolerable to do though.  Because I have these two dear friends of mine in there with me.  These two are the ones I mentioned that are in my back yard.  Well not quite.  But I do get to see them throughout the year.  They have children the same ages as ours.  We are trudging through the trenches of motherhood together.  And they mean more to me than I could say.
Don't tell Lisi.  I dropped her off at the new kennel spot that is just over the hill.  And besides a fleeting thought on Thursday, never thought of her again until we nearly reached the county line.  She's glad to be home.  And lets out this bizarre purring sound out of her throat when I walk by.  So maybe she missed me more than I did her.

A Google search just hit this morning from Brisbane, CA looking for "corporate Monday musings".  I'm hoping I brought some humor to a dull conference room somewhere far west of here.  But I doubt it.

Son #1 was researching the Porche Cayman R on-line before breakfast.  I'm not certain he'd be able to buy it with his measly allowance that I mostly forget to give.

Well I'm overflowing.  With thoughts.  Feelings of the heart.  Laundry piles.  And bread dough that needs to get into pans....

4 comments:

  1. I am sure you are "overflowing"...always so thankful for those feelings. I too, think it is so good to get our of our comfort zones, and when we visit with people that we may not have otherwise. Happy for you and your days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love those days, the ones that your cup is over flowing? We just got back from some too. Now all we have to do is put the words into actions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just quickly catching up here, and loving the bits of "news" I'm picking up here!! I'm in ND, and looking forward to some special days with 4 of my girls here & 3 grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did have lovely days. So glad for a little visit with you. I have lots of feelings on my heart too...things that need to turn into actions! Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete