Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Musings

Ok.  I'm busy.  But I love you all and realize your Mondays would not be complete without a muse or two.  Or not.  But did you know what?  The Chairman's Wife must be wildly popular all over the world.  Why you ask?  Well I did that wee post about 9/11 and how it impacted me personally.  I check my feeder a few times/week to make sure someone isn't stalking me and found a bunch of hits.  They were from places like Italy (American flag we always remember), Tennessee (September 11 2001 pictures), Madrid (Twin towers memories), Texas (beautiful American flag 911) and more.  Isn't that weird?  Really?  Why would this site come up on Google searches?  Because I'm wildly popular?  I think not.

Yesterday, was just one of those moments as a parent where you just do a happy sigh.  We had a wonderful morning as usual.  Then the Chairman had an idea to take us all on this massive hike northwest of here just a wee bit.  The very private and well-groomed trail ran along with a crystal clear creek that turned into a bigger river.  It was wonderful.  The temperature.  The sights of the MYP crawling on logs, discovering perfect spider webs, and catching frogs.  And the dog - well it was the best day ever.  At least in her mind because she doesn't think back very far.  She swam and hiked and kept circling from the first person to the last to make sure we all were together.  And the best part?  Nary a complaint.  Nary a fight.  Nary a broken bone.  It was one of those moments you pictured long before kids on what it would feel like to go out as a family and enjoy life.  Then after homework was all done and we had some time to kill, we headed out in the dark for a bike ride.  As I type this it sounds like the Chairman's Boot Camp.  But it was fun.  Really.

The last few nights we've been sleeping without covers... on the window.  You see I ordered a new roman shade.  It looks lovely in every way.  I tore down the dilapidated shade that was on.  Needed to have an extra person on the other end so we can install the new.  But we've been busy hiking and such, so the new one hasn't gotten up on the window.  Now if you read your lunar calendar you might notice that we've been having some real moon action on perfectly clear nights.  No window covering and full moons don't make for dark rooms.  So I've been waking up with the neighbor's rooster the past three mornings.  Ugh.

And so today will be busy.  And tomorrow will be busy and the rest of the week will be just plain awesome.  But first, I must get busy....

1 comment: