Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday Musings

A beautiful day here in dairyland!  After nearly a week of Seattle-like weather, we are given a week of bright blue skies and lovely fall colors.  Happy sigh.

I don't like mayhem and mess.  But this past week, all our hardwood was getting a new coat of finish to hide the marks of daily life of five people, company, and an occasional dog.  So we schleped everything into the office or living room or our bedroom and the chicken farmer man went to work.  It was kind of bizarre to be "home", but not home.  I unloaded groceries into the garage fridge.  I peered into the windows a few times.  Took a wee nap and read the paper in the van which was sitting in the garage.  And got some very odd stares from our dog.  In fact at one point she whimpered a little wondering why our routine was so out of whack.


We ate in the living room and stepped over rugs and survived.  But by last night I couldn't stand the 'mess' any longer.  Got everything put back in its place and sigh...  I like order.

We got an invite to go to the apple orchard this weekend.  And it was a gorgeous day with nice people.  The trees were burdened down with apples galore.  I even got to cuddle the baby a bit.  You see I was quite 'babied out' after our three MYP came within two years.  But you know what?  It really feels good to hold a sweet little thing again.  Snookums!







I couldn't decide which pictures to put in, so I put most all of them.  Aren't the girls just colorful little things?  Kinda like their personalities too!

Have been looking for a lazy Susan.  Most all of the Susan's I know aren't lazy.  But we have a round table that makes things awkward to pass.  I found exactly what I was looking for at Amazon.  Plus no sales tax (which I hear might be changing).  On-line shopping is the best!

And did you know it is a great day to be a sports fan in this fine state?  Can you say four for four?  Baseball playoffs.  College football.  And NFL!  Not that it all matters a twittle in the big picture.  But it's fun to be a winner let me tell you!

And finally.  Last weekend we went on a pontoon ride through downtown Milwaukee on a very cold and blustery (think rain and cold) day that turned into a cold and blustery night.  It honestly was fun.  And turned into extremely funny when this happened.  That's the driver trying to figure out why it won't start again... (and no, that's not the back side of the Chairman).




And a picture of two of my most favorite guys...

1 comment:

  1. It's certainly better to be a WI sports fan these days than anything that involves the Colts. Sigh. Still like blue and white, though! ;)
    And those kids are cute- you're right!!

    ReplyDelete