Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Oops I did it again!

And no, I'm not talking about a song by a Spears lady.  I'm talking about my indiscretion.  Remember when this happened?  Well I do too.

Hi there.  This is your friendly pup Lisi.  I've been right-well behaving myself.  I've been a good doggie.  The Big Lady that yells but loves me anyway keeps telling me as much.  And I reward her murmurs of devotion to me with lots of dog purrs.  Did you know dogs purr?  Well I do.  If you rub me just right or I get to see you after a very long time away or if I just happen to feel my heart swell with adoration... well I purr.  It's kinda weird, but that's what I do.

I got lost there a  moment.  I was pretending to be on my back with the Big Lady or someone else rubbing me just in all the right places.  Ahhh...  Anyway.  I've been good.  Until yesterday.

The big lady got out these delicious smelling things with sticks on them.  I was terrifically curious.  So I wedged my way under her arm to look at exactly what she was doing.  I thought she'd like me real close.  But she said in a slightly mean way, 'LEAVE IT!'.  Leave what?  I'm just sniffing these happy looking people.  But I did what we dogs do.  I looked guilty and started to slink off so she would think that I realized the error of my ways.  But I didn't.  I didn't have a clue why she said to 'leave it'.  She gets Mr. October and Mrs. October and sets them side by side with his arm around her.  Then looks at me one more time and heads into the house.

Hmmm.  What to do.  I better go take a sniff again.  It's new and I'm very curious.  Yes, another cat-like quality I have.  But I must remind all of you, I still love to chase them.  So I sniff a few more deep sniffs and then wonder if it smells so good it certainly must taste good too, right?  So I slowly pulled Mrs. October out of the ground and decided to work her over.  Pretty soon it was finished for Mrs. October.  Her face was still smiling, but her body said 'ouch'.  Then I realized the Big Lady wouldn't be happy, but luckily she didn't notice.

The bus roared in!  The many young people raced in record time to the back door.  But then.  "LISI, NO!  YOU BAD DOG!"  The young guy yelled at me.  I felt bad.  Not sure for what.  But I heard him yell into the house to the Big Lady.  "Lisi was real naughty again".  AGAIN?  Are you serious?  I'm a good dog.  She tells me that nearly daily.  Out she came.  She surveys the damage.  Glares at me.  And that was it!  You see she learned in dog training that if she doesn't catch me right when I'm being bad, she can't really correct me.  Isn't that great?  The young people here haven't learned that trick yet.

So!  I did it again.  Mr. October lost the Mrs.  He's still smiling big.  Maybe she was kinda crabby and demanding like the Big Lady is.  I bet that's it.


Well I'll go back to looking cute and relaxing in the fallen leaves.  Thanks for being such good listeners.  I love it when I get attention - no matter the kind.

1 comment:

  1. Lisi,
    Why are you still acting like a crazy teen-ager? BTW I just wanted to tell you that I purr too. A nice low, soft guttural sound in the back of my throat, only my big lady calls it my "yoga breathing" sound!

    Mocha

    ReplyDelete