Thursday, July 24, 2014

Just some words...

Life isn't perfect.  Sometimes maybe it seems that I portray life here at the  Chairman and Co. with rose-colored glasses.  I hope not.  Here's just a few reasons it isn't so perfect sometimes:

* Our computer is sick.  Very ill.  I spent til midnight the other night running this and that on it.  Basically what the checkups said is to pick up the CPU and throw it out the nearest window.  I just might pretty soon.  And just a side note.  If your anti-virus is flashing red at you and you let your subscription expire, you may have problems.

* Japanese beetles are eating anything green in our yard.  I have sprayed and it seems to help.  But not totally.  They are ugly and irritating and hungry and seemingly 'in the mood' to make more beetles.

* I have a canker sore.  My grandma once told me that canker sores feel like they are going to last forever and then suddenly they are gone.  I'm still in the forever stage.

* Our car has a small dent near a wheel well.  I didn't do it.  It appears a nearby car did it in some unknown parking lot.  Two estimates were done yesterday.  One for $121.  One for $685.  Hmmmm.  Wonder which one I should use?

* The dog stinks.  And I worry I might be allergic to the cat.   My skin issues disappeared when we were away camping last week.  No, there's not a chance we would get rid of him.  I'm way attached.

* This is for the MYP, not me.  Back to school supplies are everywhere.  The Sunday ads were full of bargains.  Summer is only half-over....

*  My middle name is Kay.  Not Grace.  We go to a certain home each Sunday.  Well sometime in the near future, we will be going to a different place.  Next door.  They are building a new home next to where they currently live.  The Chairman and the Elder were over there looking at the building site.  I was all excited and rushed over on a little path to join them.  I had just looked over my shoulder at Mrs.  Elder to say one last thing.  And then I fell;  In spectacular fashion with Mrs. Elder, Elder, and The Chairman all watching me go down with unbelievable lack of poise.  I received two dirty hands, a dirty spot on my skirt, and a bit of wounded pride.  Now days later I just have a couple sore muscles left to contend with.

I don't want you to feel motivated to send cheerful cards and thoughts of joy so I'll maybe add that life really isn't about small irritants or glorious falls.  It is about having time with parents.  Children with grandparents.  Friends planning to come and stay this weekend.  And other extra-special privileges.  The weekend promises to be very full and very wonderful.

Happy Thursday!


3 comments:

  1. I like your words and the fact you keep it real. But I hate it that you went kersplat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting too old to be falling down like that, you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh' the reality of reality! You be careful with those falls! We don't pick up so easy anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete