Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday Musings

((Waves))  Hello there!  I missed you all!  Really!  It's been a very hectic couple of weeks but now I see some open spots on the calendar which makes my heart Mary.  I mean merry.

I may just have to bullet today to get more out there with less words.  So here goes:

* I survived not one, but two birthday parties.  I hosted not one, but two birthday parties.  I think you saw some photos of the first.  Here's the second.  I served a spaghetti dinner all fancy-Nancy in the dining room (their request).  Aren't these sweeties lovely?


* Then we packed and labored and loaded the camper for Door County.  One night I mentally added how many of our friends were there and I came up with 58, so for bragging purposes, I will say 60.  We had adjoining sites and perfectly cool/warm weather and not a drop of rain.  I think it could best be described as the best trip there yet.  Why?

* The MYP are way more independent than seven years ago (go figure!).  And so, the Chairman and I had alone-time which is wonderful.  We biked and took a great couple-mile hike and visited and sat by the fire and so forth.

* We have nice friends.  I could go on and on about how much they mean to me, but they might blush.  I love having people in our age-group and other MYP in the same age-group as ours.  We are walking through life side-by-side and sharing in so much.  But more than that, they are not just good people but Spiritual.  They encourage me even in a state park.

* Several times at a meal or during quiet time at the fire or whenever, we would see one of our MYP's friends or a bigger teenager come and sit and eat and visit with us old duffers.  For some reason, it made my heart Mary, I mean merry.






* We came home to very happy pets.  They were well cared for by a in-home pet sitter.  I'd give you her name, but I don't want to lose first dibs on her.  Simba hopped in when we got home.  I think he wished he would have gone.  Or not.

* It's getting hot out.  It's actually getting hot inside too.  I can't wait until the thermostat hits 86 so I can turn on the a/c.  I'm guessing I'll have to lie with one leg outside of the sheet tonight.

* We have a very ugly virus on this computer I'm using.  I've spent a little way too much time trying to get it off of here.  I may or may not have succeeded.  To say it is irritating is an understatement.

* Since coming home I have been very thankful for a high capacity washer and dryer.  The smoky smell on the sweatshirts is kinda nice.

* The Japanese beetles should go back to Japan.  They are eating the garden faster than it is growing.

* This will have to do this time.  I didn't want to let another Monday go by without Musing.  Happy week ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the musing, Mary, er I mean Linda...I love merry hearts.

    ReplyDelete