Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thoughts this Thursday

Maybe I should keep my thoughts to myself.  I lost of a lot of my self-esteem the other day when stopping by Facebook to see if anyone else's life was more interesting than mine.  Do you know what came up as an ad (assuming it is a targeted ad) just for me?  "Learn How to Blog!!!"  Good grief!  Don't you think I know already?  I have been wondering if I still have "it" since readership continues to plunge.  It is especially bad in the summertime.  Wonder why?  Heh heh.

I found a pedometer that was gifted to me a couple years ago.  I put it on yesterday early afternoon and had 7,301 steps by bedtime.  I'm going to get crazy and wear it all day and see the number of steps I have taken.  Hopefully, they are all in the right direction.  

I would love to get a Fitbit.  Just not sure if it is worth the money and it would soon find a place in my nightstand.

Son #1 has been missing in action for several days this week.  No matter which of the MYP is missing, it seems like a quasi-vacation.  There's less squabbling.  There's less food to cook.  There's less laundry (until the precious one returns to the nest).  There's less of a lot of things.  But with them all here there's more.  More lively discussions.  More calling out for 'shotgun'.  And most importantly, more satisfaction in seeing them all in the nest again.  

I've enjoyed the 'girl time'.  We did a shopping day.  We did a nothing day.  And there was a day that they worked for me!  They cleaned and organized my closet.  It was really wonderful except the sarcastic comments on my lack of style and deplorable choices found in the dark corners.
When I have time to sit and surf the internet, I almost always find myself heading to allrecipes.com or some other food or recipe site.  I found a new one last night that caused me to stay up to late.  It is called therecipecritic.com.  Have fun!  If that's your thing.

Yesterday, our new neighbors moved in across the street.  I'm thinking I'll have to put the binoculars away now.  I've often grabbed them to see what the workmen were up to.  Seems it might be a bit awkward if the new residents saw my face pressed against the window with some high powered binoculars.

The Chairman has been working some deplorable hours this week.  Two times he got up at 3:00 am and left very, very early.  There's that jingle that Folgers has done for years, 'the best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup!'.  I set the timer for the coffee machine and it doesn't do much for sleep when you keep waking up and smelling hot coffee at 3:35.  At least I don't have to drink it that time to get the day going.  I'm so thankful for his efforts for us.

Did you know if you have a dog, you never-ever eat alone?  Here was my view yesterday.


So today the sun, moon, and stars have aligned.  Or rather time and circumstance.  Do you know what's exciting?  I'm alone!  I'm alone almost all the live-long day!  What to do... what to do.  I just may plan my entire day around the simple fact I want to take a nap.  If I get one of those, the rest is just bonus. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the website . . . I was planning on getting a lot done today! SO looking forward to seeing you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a FitBit too, but the husband says, "It won't work." and in my head my "knows better" part of me says, "you'll only wear it for a couple months, and then there it will sit." So I don't believe it's going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is rather amazing that just one kid gone can make such a difference. I wonder if one less clamoring for attention lowers the volume.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you got that nap- They're delicious! I was just in Greece for 3 weeks and they're religious about their naps... Only they call them "siestas"- from 1 or 2pm to about 5. They're great! ;-)

    ReplyDelete