Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Monday Musings on a Tuesday

Just doesn't have a good cadence to it.  Tuesday Musings.  I'm sorry I let the incredible masses down yesterday - looking for a bit of cheer or entertainment or encouragement.  I'll see if I can make it up to you.  Or not.

As I mentioned lately, July is a super-busy month.  Well maybe I should say summertime as a whole.  There's gardens to tend.  Yards to mow.  MYP to feed.  Places to be.  And birthdays.  Have I mentioned the insane unplanned birth dates in our family?  Well two down and two to go in the past two weeks.

I was thinking about the birthday tomorrow related to me the mother.  Obviously it is nothing but a Mira-cle she is here.  We are thankful.  I lost a lot of sleep on worry while carrying her.  I saw our ob/gyn every two weeks and two different high risk perinatologists weekly for ultrasounds for twenty-four weeks.  I ate very carefully.  I laid down at every opportunity since we were worried she was going to come out too soon.  I swelled up like a beluga whale at the end and fit only a pair of Birkenstocks that were quite attractive at the last union meeting we attended before she came.  Then I labored having her for three hours and finally our Mira-cle was here.  So who should the party be for?  Her of course!

You see daughter #2 has wanted a wonderful birthday this year.  I allowed her to have a school friend party for the first time.  That compounded with her actual day that is tomorrow with gifts and cake and the added joys of another party with friends of ours coming later this week.  Do you know what that means for me?  W. O. R. K.  She's a great tween now.  My baby who is smart and funny and sporty and tender is twelve years old tomorrow and she's been worth every effort.  Well maybe not the stubbornness, but she comes by it honestly.


One of the birthday party ideas was to do a 'Color Run' activity without the running.  Basically, just grab handfuls of paint powder and hurl it at your closest friend.  It involved several pounds of cornstarch and paste food coloring and water and lots and lots and lots of time.  It needed to be sifted just one too many times and so it wasn't used for the first party.  Maybe the second.  It sure was a lot of work to have four large bowls of colored cornstarch now sitting in our basement.... 

Please don't send me a get well card anymore.  And definitely no sympathy cards are due the Chairman.  I've been sick.  Like feeling really icky with a cough/chest issue/one-cough-away-from pneumonia feeling.  I coughed and hacked and barked and wheezed through the 3rd fireworks.  By the fourth, all I wanted to do is curl up in the fetal position and suck my thumb for awhile.  Well maybe not quite.  I did sleep a good portion of the 4th.  The Chairman took the MYP out for supper and I sat on the deck with my date:

Well I best be on my way.  Our daughters both have birthdays this week - July 9 and 10.  I have a few more gifts to buy.  One more party to plan.  And life to live.  We soon leave for our annual camping trip with about 75 of our closest friends.  See you next Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment