Thursday, July 3, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

Will get a thought or two down before I head out for a walk with the sweet dog and then ready ourselves for a fireworks bash downtown.  No, I realize it isn't the 4th of July.  But the city we are closest to always does their big show on the 3rd and the suburbs do theirs on the 4th.  That way there's pyrotechnic displays two nights in a row for this Dairyland!

I always knew you blog readers were smart.  However, I tend to feel threatened if the readers are actually lots smarter than I am.  That proved true when a recent text came in "did you mean emanate rather than emulate?".  It was related to a recent post.  He was right and I was wrong.  And I'm trying not to feel threatened by brilliant readers.

We've had a sick cat on the premises.  No, it wasn't our beloved golden boy.  It looked just like this:
However, the cat that was in our backyard for an entire day had a clear discharge coming from its nose and mouth.  It would spit and hiss and carry on when Lisi came close.  But it wouldn't leave our yard and eerily would come back on the deck looking very ill.  We tried about everything to get it away short of whacking it over the head with a broom.  Finally I called animal control and they handily netted the cat and took it away.  I felt kinda bad because as soon as that cat saw the crate it desperately wanted to get into it.  Meaning... it was probably some one's pet.  Hope he finds home again!  And hope he gets rid of whatever ailment he has.

Speaking of sick, I've had a weird chest cold that makes my voice worse and worse.  Today I can hardly talk.  I mentioned to one of our sweet daughters that I doubted I could talk tonight when we are with friends at the fireworks.  She said, 'and that's bad, why?'  

Yesterday we celebrated the Chairman!  He said he had a nice birthday and I hope so!  
sometimes I can't believe they are all mine...

especially him!
and look at these two... it wasn't just luck that they are our daughters
Tomorrow, July 4, it is 20 years since the Chairman proposed.  We were in Minneapolis and had finished watching a local fireworks display.  I'm still glad I said 'yes'.  Very glad.  I was thinking of this song I liked the other day that Kenny Rogers sang (over 20 years ago).

All my memories from those days come gather round me
What I'd give if they could take me back in time
It almost seems like yesterday
Where do the good times go?
Life was so much easier twenty years ago.

Yes, I would love to go back in time and feel what I did then.  Yes, life was so much easier in some ways.  But it is so much better now.  My love and respect for the Chairman is deeper.  I have been blessed with the MYP.  I have grown to love the area where I live.  I have made life-long friends that have helped me through the ups and downs that life has thrown at us.  Twenty years... and hoping for 120 more.  

Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment