Friday, December 12, 2014

Frosty Friday

An action-packed Friday night here at the Chairman and Co.  Well actually not.  That's why a blog post on a Friday night!  Why you ask?  Well I didn't do a 'Thursday Thoughts'.  However, someone did from 'out west', so I didn't need to.  Heh.

Frosty Friday.  I may or may not have grabbed my phone and ran outside this morning in my purple fuzzy bathrobe and sheepskin slippers to take a few shots of the frost.  I may or may not have caused the guys working on the house next door to stop pounding on the roof and turn around and look at me until I returned to the house.  The strange stares were worth it.

Speaking of work men.  We had a part that needed to be replaced on our furnace.  With Google's help I figured out the exact part needed.  Called for service.  $260 for part/trip charge/labor.  I asked if I could just order the part and called "Tim" direct that works for the company.  He said he would stop by.  He installs the part, asks me for my bbq rib recipe that was in the oven, and then left without charging me a thing!  You can bet your bottom dollar I'll be using the company he works for the next time I need a bigger job done.  And I'll certainly ask for "Tim" even if he does charge me.  And I hope his ribs turn out.

I updated my "blogs I follow" list on my page thanks to the urging of a faithful reader.  However as I was updating it I came to realize just how many people have quit blogging.  Like lots and lots.  Some day that will be me.  I'm just not quite ready yet.  There's a couple more stories to tell.

Like the experience this week of one of the MYP losing a 4-month old laptop.  I earned my stripes and gray hair.  Aforementioned child inquired on the bus and at school.  Finally, at hour 8, he sees it lying on a table in an empty room.  He texts me and says he's 'relieved'.  Well I should hope so.  You see laptops are mandatory at our high school.  Otherwise, we wouldn't be sending one.

Or the experience of sitting in the passenger seat as daughter #1 drives in the dark.  She's doing splendid except for some lurching (happening on my right foot as I sit there without an extra brake on the floor).

Or how about the last child not yet mentioned?  She's been watching the cat too much.  So one child gives gray hair, the other a foot that twitches, and the third a heart attack.  I hope I survive this parenting gig.
I made homemade croutons this week.  It was a mistake because I don't think I will ever buy them again.  Speaking of food.  I've come to love whipping cream in my coffee.  My expanding waistline isn't thanking me.  

Well ski season is about here!  The local hill is blowing snow but unfortunately couldn't open tonight because it is too warm.  We're one of those weird families that hope for freezing temperatures.  Maybe next week.

Well I think this is a first to blog on a Friday night!  I've got a hunch that Monday Musing might be missing or minuscule!  Happy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. haha Sorry.... was trying to think of another word that flows :) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that frost photo was worth running outside for. Who has time to wait to get dressed. Something might change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Gramma's thought! You need to grab it while it's perfect!
    I, too, have noticed the sharp decline in blogging. In fact, my own blogging has dropped wayyyyyyyyy off. But I do still enjoy it. And I still enjoy reading the posts of those who are still at it! You win the prize for Most Faithful Blogger! ;)

    ReplyDelete