Thursday, December 4, 2014

Therapeutic Thursday Thoughts

Why therapeutic?  Well because we are on the mend here!  One of the MYP came home from school yesterday acting very sluggish.  I chalked it up to her wanting to get out of a couple jobs I was assigning.  She asked to nap first.  I went in and checked.  101.5 fever.  That's a good way to get out of chores!  And thankfully, the fever broke and she's on the mend.  I kinda like having one child home alone.

This was my view by my feet this morning as I read.  I may be biased, but I still think they are cute.  Tomorrow is Lisi's birthday!  I may or may not make her a mini meatloaf birthday cake.
Across the street where they are building a house is a van of one of the workmen.  It has this bumper sticker.  For some reason it makes me smile every time I go by even though I like soccer.  We are surrounded by SUV/minivan soccer moms in suburbia here.  And I saw the guy get out of the van and he had a 5-day facial hair growth around a 5-year old shaggy beard.  He definitely isn't a soccer dad.
Rectangle Sticker
I've been reading in different places all the ways drinking water can benefit a person in so many ways.  I've been trying to drink a lot more than usual.  I'm pretty sure the reasons it helps people lose weight and fight depression is all you think about when shopping is where the nearest restroom is and how fast you can run to it.  

Our furnace made some weird noises the other night.  After going down and listening to the 'clunk-clunk' and whacking it on the side a couple of times (just because it seemed like the thing to do) I started to Google where the noise was coming from.  I discovered our zone damper motor's plastic teeth had given out and we need to replace the actuator.  Following me?  Google is amazing like that.  The actual part costs approximately $80 on line.  The repair guy charges close to $250 to fix.  I would try to do it myself but there's a special tool you have to have to repair it.  Companies are clever like that.  I called for service.  They scheduled us for three days out.  I asked why and the lady replied, 'because you have heat and some people don't.'  Ok then... 

We meet with someone each mid-week that looks amazingly a lot like Tweety Bird's Granny.  If you need to look that up, go ahead.  She kinda acts like her too.  She's a very dear and sweet lady who has weathered the loss of a husband and a son.  She is a self-proclaimed stubborn German.  She loves to quote the wisdom of Solomon and is a walking proverb in her own right.  Last night she told me there is never a reason to feel depressed.  She said, 'just look at me.  I'm 84 and could be depressed.  But I'm not.  I wake up and tell myself that today is going to be a good day.  And then it is!  You know how to do that Linda?  You just look up and then look ahead.  It's a simple as that.'  Amen dear lady.  I just love her.  

Well that's enough therapy for today.  I have bread ready to come out of the oven.  And since I have one of the MYP home, I just may sit and play games with her.  I've been keenly aware the past while that these will some day be the 'good old days'.  These teenagers are just as lovable as when they were toddlers.... usually.  Heh. 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed them therapeutic thoughts, too.
    And- it's quite cute and catlike how that cat is all scrunched into that box!

    ReplyDelete