Monday, December 22, 2014

Monday Musings

Welcome to post 1,113!  No, nothing significant about that number.  Just something I noticed as I settled in for another installment of "Monday Musings".  As mentioned before, this week promises to be jam-packed with family (from near and far and both sides of the tree),  fun, food, and the feeling of being too full.  

Having lots of people come into your home makes you do things like dust cold-air returns and wash your hot pad holders.  Yes, there's lots to do.  Even before bed:

These were posted somewhere this past week.  For some reason it is funny to me.  Maybe because I have teenagers and hear lots of school stories.  However, don't get me wrong.  I think teachers should be highly respected.  
Advertising is getting smarter and irritating all the time.  When you go research something online for a gift and then that item keeps popping up here and there, people wonder why you are looking at something.  

I spent most of Saturday with daughter #1.  I love alone-time with the MYP.  I love hearing stories I wouldn't ordinarily hear.  I love having lunch with just one teenager.  I love just quietly riding along.  I love hearing the soft-spoken jokes.  I love the pleasant ways she has.  The black/white parent/child overlapped into shades of gray.  I think that's called friendship.

On the back front.  Thanks for your suggestions of people and places and ideas to help.  I met up with a chiro last week who did an adjustment and x-rays.  He was ok, but wanted me to come back three/week for the next month etc.  I honestly feel better after one adjustment and doing exercises/yoga.  So.  He's not getting my business.  On a side note, using Icy Hot before bed makes your bed linens smell like a nursing home.

Our little "Styles" keeps swimming along.  We have this goldfish that I would like to be rid of.  I actually Googled "humane ways to dispose of goldfish".  Then as I read about putting him in the freezer it made me feel sorry for him, so he'll continue to swim along here.  They say he needs 10-30 gallons of water and he's in a 2-gallon fish bowl.  I hope he doesn't start protesting.  

It's a bit sickly here at the Chairman and Co.  Son #1 ate his breakfast.  Then after he brushed his teeth I heard the tell-tale sound of losing breakfast.  I went around the corner and said, 'uh-oh'.  He looked at me.  "I think I drank my milk too fast.  I'm good" and headed off to catch the bus.  I'm keeping my phone handy today.  Daughter #2 is home with a 101 fever.  Lovely.  

As she was returning upstairs just now, I told her, 'you should read our study.  It's about Zacharias and Elisabeth.  She asked, 'were they good parents?'.  Yes.  'well maybe you should read about them and learn something too.'  Get any closer you fever-induced smarty pants and I'll smack the sass right out of you.  I'm sure that is an example of good parenting.

Well tonight at dark o'clock my slightly nice older brother and wonderful family will be flying to the midwest to be with our extended family.  Looking forward to this winter break and all it will bring.  I may or may not blog before next week's "Monday Musings".  

Have a wonderful holiday with those you love.  

2 comments:

  1. I hope you wash the sheets before company comes . . . . you know, the ones that smell like the nursing home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder if Sonny Boy survived the day without more incidents.
    Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete