Monday, December 15, 2014

Monday Musings

Ugh.  I shouldn't have blogged on Friday.  I could skip this Monday Musings due to lack of content but then the week would feel a bit 'off'.  Maybe I'm a bit 'off'.

Three of the family members were able ski on Saturday in too-warm of conditions.  As son #1 and I walked last night, we both agreed that foggy and 43 in December isn't ideal for us.  We might need to move north.

Any tips on getting rid of a chronic lower back ache?  I'm all ears.  I've tried chiro.  Stretches.  It isn't bad, but always there.  Ok.  I'll stop complaining about my near-50 year old health.

I see a reader popped on from Ethiopia today.  A shout-out to whoever you are!  I must admit that approximately once/week I look at the locations of the lookers.  I like thinking of 'you all' - of those I know who you are!  And then there's those of you I'd like to meet some day!

Wondering if the following is true:

If so, then what I fear most losing is our cat and dog.  So I'm not so sure.  I think the Chairman and the MYP would be first, but they don't sit in boxes or sleep upside down in completely adorable ways.  Or maybe they do and I'm just not looking.  I took this messy picture of my frying up eggplant for upcoming festivities.  But look in the background...  :-)

Did you ever buy some Ginsu knives at the state fair?  You know, these kind?  
Well my 22-year old one was getting dull so I found a way to get them on-line!  At least I hope so.  I sent my credit card info to an unknown seller.  Will see what happens.  I love them for so many reasons.  Not the unknown seller, the knives silly.  

I think I'm Mused out.  I promise not to blog on Fridays so the Mondays can be more (a)Musing!


7 comments:

  1. Enjoyed them both! Thanks! Happy week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can blog whenever you want! isn't that something? when do you turn 50? how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugg...I typed out a super-long comment and then lost it all. I'll try once more.

    Your eggplant looks delicious!

    My very best tip for dealing with chronic back pain? Try a different chiropractor. I had chronic neck, shoulder, back and hip pain for years. I've gotten some help with massage, other chiropractors and physical therapy, but they never alleviated the problem, just lessened it temporarily. Then, the massage therapist mentioned Dr. Valeri Briski in Middleton. The massage therapist and quite a number of people she knew had gotten tremendous help from Dr. Briski.

    Dr. Briski works very differently than other chiropractors. She only adjusts the top vertebrae in the spine. If that is off, everything else is off, too. When I am out of alignment, my left shoulder droops significantly and my right hip is raised by ½ inch (and rotated). Once she adjusts my cervical spine, my shoulders and hips are immediately perfectly level and not rotated! I have gotten tremendous relief, actually resolving the problems rather than just lessening them as other treatments had done.

    I would very highly recommend Dr. Briski. I’ve found her to be very honest as well as a super help. If you end up needing more than one visit in a week, there is no charge for the other treatments. If you need followup x-rays within the first year, there is no charge for that, either. It really feels like she is in business to really help people rather than just make as much money as she can.

    On the first visit, she does a thorough history and exam. Then, if she thinks she can help you and you are interested in having her do so, she does four cervical x-rays to determine the exact adjustment you will need. She does not do an adjustment on the first visit. On your second visit, she will go over your x-rays with you, do a very precise, very gentle adjustment and then do two followup x-rays to make sure your cervical spine is in perfect alignment. Her adjustment has no cracking, crunching, etc. She has you lie on your side with your head and neck positioned “just so” and then very gently puts your neck in alignment.

    If your neck is out of alignment, everything else will be, too. If you try to have other things put in alignment but don’t fix the root of the problem, you will never get real, lasting results from other treatments.

    It all sounded kinda sensible but yet kinda hokey to me but since there were so many people who had experienced such fantastic results I decided to put my skepticism aside and give it a try since I was quite uncomfortable. I am sooooo glad I did. Pain and problems I’ve dealt with for years have disappeared, including 99% of my chronic headaches, and the very few headaches I do have are easily resolved now.

    Sorry to go on and on, but I am so glad someone told me about Dr. Briski and her NUCCA treatment. It’s made a fantastic difference in how I feel. If my rambling on here will help anyone else get relief, it will be worth having had to type this all out twice! 

    (Oh, and if you go, tell her I sent you, and I think you get a pretty-decent discount on your first visit.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Adina's chiro doesn't help, several people I know also say that doing ab exercises helps prevent lower back pain issues, which sort of makes sense. If your front muscles aren't doing their job, it might be putting stress on your back muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I think my mom has one of those knives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And re the back- Lying on your back on the floor, knees bent (about 45 degrees?) and feet flat on the floor, roll your legs to the floor, together- first to one side then to the other. About 20 reps. Pretty simple and does really help.
    Re the 'People take pix of what they're afraid of losing': I think people just take pix. They're really afraid of losing their phones with the easy camera!

    ReplyDelete