Monday, December 29, 2014

Monday Musings - late edition

I've been a bit preoccupied, so today's Monday Musings are a late edition.  I have limited time even now, but can't let this Monday go by without a bit of Muse.

My heart is full.   I have been blessed with many, many people coming through our doors and enjoyed a welcome mat at other places as well in the past week.  Most of them were relatives.  Some are friends that feel like family.  One of the biggest blessings in my life is that I have two sets of family.  The Chairman's family and then my family.  We spent Christmas Day with the Chairman's side and the following day with my side.   Both special and wonderful in their own way.

My stomach is full.  In fact, I think I may have felt a touch of a hunger pang yesterday, but then it may have been gas.  Between busy family events, we had one meal with just the Chairman and I and I had a banana for lunch.  And that was almost too much.

Our home has been full.  We thoroughly enjoyed two overnight visits from my mostly nice brother and family.  At one point I was almost ready to elevate him to the status of 'just plain nice' brother, but he failed a couple times.  Might be a year before I get a chance to test him again.  We thoroughly enjoyed a table full of relatives last night.  And we throughly enjoyed an overnight visit from my niece and her super-nice and tall husband that live in the Sooner state.  And now we are thoroughly enjoying having some extra young men from our state and another state that are hanging with my nephew who didn't want to board the plane today with the rest of his family.  We also are thoroughly enjoying the company of a local girl in town that feels like my niece and spends a lot of time here.  Her duffle bag looks packed for more than one night.  In fact she told me with a huge grin, 'you never know how long I'll be staying!'

I think you get the idea.  There is a lot of people coming and going.  Towels and bedding to wash.  Pots to fill with tasty food.  And great conversation between.  The rest of this week promises to offer up much more.  I might sneak a nap sometime between now and New Year's Eve.  I might even sneak a nap on New Year's Eve.  Think anyone would miss me?  I love New Year's Eve, but it makes me queasy that I can't go to bed at 10:15 like I usually do.  I hope the appetizers are worth it.  Oh wait, I'm still not hungry.

I may just put on some photos and call this a Muse tonight.  I just might jump in my pj's, curl up in the fetal position on my bed and suck my thumb.  Just kidding.  Well about the thumb anyway.

I hope your holidays have been full of nice things and your waistbands stretchy too.

p.s.  We had some family photos taken on Dec. 26.  If you do the math, you might understand that holiday pictures did not get sent.  Will see if it happens.  Or not.



















3 comments:

  1. This sign reminds me of a quote I once saw. "May your house always be to small to hold all your friends!" Love open homes! Thanks again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Darcie's quote!
    Looks like you had a really nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww.....GREAT to "see" all of you again! Happy you had such nice family time! We did too, feel so thankful!! We have much to be thankful for as we begin a new year!

    ReplyDelete