Monday, January 5, 2015

Monday Musings

Well hello there!  Long time, no chat!  It almost seems longer since our days have been busy since the last Muse.  We had more family and new friends and festivities and of course, food.

Some young men came spend some time here.  It was really fun to have them.  Young guys might not totally know it, but they can be very, very amusing to listen to.  Especially coming from the vantage point of a middle-aged mother.  Heh.
One of daughter #2's besties came for a couple days.  They both are experienced skiers but wanted to learn how to snowboard together.  And that they did.  Sugar-pie sweetness are the M&M's.  Well mostly...
New Year's eve was spent with a house full of good friends.  




no, Lisi didn't go.  But she was feeling festive anyway!
We finally got snow!  There was no white Christmas here, but there will be a white January it seems.

I finally got my get-up-and-go and joined my family on the local ski hill.  It causes a surge in feel-good endorphins once you get out there... as long as you don't fall and tear your rotator cuff.



Last night Lis was doing this to me.  I call it the dirty dog stare.  It translates to, 'get your rear off that chair and walk me!'.
And so I did.  In this weather.  Don't ever say I don't love her.   And yes, it did feel like -24.  Every last negative degree.
I heard a young guy at Costco the other day say to his girlfriend/wife/someone, 'hey look!  Five pounds of Cutie clementines!  Can you imagine buying a bag this big?'.  Um.  Mr?  We can go through a bag like that in approximately one hour.

I heard an ad again for a product I cannot fathom buying.  If you send in $54, you will get a star named after you!  Seriously?  People buy that?  I was considering having people send me money and I could name a dust bunny after them.  Maybe I'm on to something...

Theracane.  Did you know what that is?  Well here is the link.  This is not a paid endorsement.  However, if you can handle the sight of a geriatric product in your home and suffer from knots in your back/neck/otherwise, please don't hesitate to order.  The reviews speak loudly and I give it a two-thumbs up as well.

After nearly two solid weeks of family and friends and fun and food and fatigue, one of the MYP looked at me and said, 'can you tell me when we are going to do something really fun next?  I'm not talking about just playing games at home with the family or something like that, I'm talking about really fun.  When will that happen again?'.  Um.  My dear teenager, please let me take a nap first and then we'll talk.

At the end of a year and the beginning of a new year, I find it easy to pause and consider.   Consider all the good things I have.  I'm not talking possessions.  I'm talking blessings.  Many years ago, I met with a man that often spoke about the importance of counting his blessings one-by-one.  I've often thought of that since and I'm thankful he shared that and I'm also thankful that if I try and count my blessings one-by-one it takes so long that I forget where I started.  This group clad in blue is one of the reasons I feel blessed.

Think this is enough pictures and Musing for today,  

2 comments:

  1. I must be the only one in the world that doesn't fall all over Annie Sloan paint! It might be because painting and I don't get along, and the extra waxing step, doesn't help matters any. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to just start naming the dust bunny colonies here after families! Do the D's want to be under the bed, behind the sofa, under the sofa, by the small sofa? All are still available....
    I belly laughed at that one! Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete