Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday Musings

I'm so ashamed.  I almost completely forgot to Muse today.  It wasn't a typical Monday.  I got up early as usual and ushered the MYP and the Chairman out the door.  Then I left to meet my "big" sister for lunch.  "Big" is in quotes because she's smaller than I am.  She's less gray.  Maybe even a few less wrinkles.  However, her heart is big, so maybe that's why I can call her big.

I wish all ladies could have a sister.  They are such a joyful mix of friendship and constancy and encouragement and realism and familiarity of feelings wrapped up in one person.  I also had a visit with my faraway sister-in-law on the phone today which was a balm to me.  I'm so fortunate for these two sisters.

A few days back, I took these two imps to the mall for some shopping.  They are exactly the same size and it was just almost too much to watch them giggle and talk and interact while we shopped.  
I just found this on my photo stream.  Someone took a picture of an ordinary moment.  I love it.  ... "as long as I'm living my baby you'll be".
I've been just a bit 'blue' off and on today.  You see in the fellowship we are in, we not only know, but just plain love a lot of people.  Like a lot of people.  Because of my age and the various states I have lived in, I have the privilege of knowing a lot of people.  Like a lot of people.  Like in the thousands.  I say this not to brag, but in thankfulness that I share the same love of important things with so many.  And that we can share in each other's joys and sorrows.  However, lately, it seems like many have had some very unfortunate events happen.  In our area alone we have a shattered foot, a shattered wrist, dreadful burns, repaired eyelids, a dementia diagnosis, and a newborn baby boy born with a serious heart defect that has survived the first of several surgeries.  On top of all that, we just received word of a death and another serious diagnosis.  Life is beautiful and wonderful and lovely.  It also hurts very deeply in a natural and emotional way.  I'm so very thankful tonight for the privilege to hurt along with others.  And hopefully be moved to rise up and help others too.  

Then there's the Chairman.  I read once that if your significant other is invisible to others on social media that it is a good thing.  However, I saw this picture recently and it made me smile.  It kind of sums up the Chairman and I.  I'm so fortunate for him.  
I think this is enough Muse for this Monday.  I'm tired and drained and ready to call it a day.  I mean just look at the emotions I've been through this Monday!  

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."

1 comment:

  1. Ditto all you said about sharing in the ups and downs of the dear ones with whom we walk. Sometimes it feels like it's too much for one heart but then I'm reminded that we're not meant to contain it all within our own self and heart but to share them with our Father in the secret place.
    I also saw that 'man's day vs woman's day' thing and loved it!

    ReplyDelete