Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

Hi!  It's me again.  A few thoughts rolling around in the gray matter today.

I sat down to research something on-line.  Do you go into that internet induced time-warp like I do sometimes?  I am going to quickly print off a recipe for XYZ and then pretty soon I'm watching a 60 second video of somebody being spit on my a camel.

I did however read something recently that was interesting.  They said that one way to combat illness isn't really by washing (however I think hygiene is huge).  They said lotion!  Put lots of lotion on as a barrier to viruses.  Intriguing.  And even if I do get sick, I'll have soft skin anyway.  Heh.

According to some FB posts I read the other day, it must have been "National Chocolate Cake Day".  I didn't eat any cake, but I did have about three oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies.  I guess that doesn't count.  I'm wondering if there was a "National Eat Brussel Sprouts Day" how many would take pictures of their vegetables?  Hmmm.

With daughter #1 taking drivers ed, it has caused me to think about the way I drive a bit more.  How do I follow the laws while she's watching me?  I've been chastised a few times, so I guess not real good.  I pulled up some practice driving tests for our state and I just barely passed.  How many of you know exactly how many feet away from an oncoming car before you dim your high beams?  I didn't.

While I was surfing the we the other day, I came across this article.  It was about having a third child. Yes, having the third unplanned child join our family added to chaos, sleep deprivation and expense, but we wouldn't have it any other way.  Like my wise older sister said after she had her third child, 'it feels like we're all here now!'.  Amen sister.

You know my love and appreciation for the Aldi stores, right?  I've always been a bit partial to my very own local one.  Seems so very well run.  Clean.  Friendly people (that know me nearly by name).  And...  FREE QUARTERS if you need one for your cart!  This cup has been there for a couple months.  And yes, there are quarters to use.
I just returned from the Children's Hospital.  Some of our friends had a little baby boy born with a heart defect.  If you want to follow his story, you can find it here on FB.  He's a dear little baby fighting a very big battle and he's made some victories already.  The parents are showing a strength and a love for their little one that is to be greatly admired.  As you walk the enormous halls with children being pushed in wheelchairs or look at all the little ones lying in intensive care, you realize that having healthy children should not be taken for granted.  And once again, going to visit someone gives the giver so much more the the receiver receives.  
Well that's enough thoughts for today.  I need to accomplish a few things before I head off for yet another meeting at the high school to help one of our students think and plan for her future.  Life is moving at warp speed.... really!  

But before I go, here's another bit of adorable for you.


4 comments:

  1. I love third unplanned babies, and I don't care what day everyone else says it is, any day is oatmeal chocolate chip cookie day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also learned a few things about driving myself during those years.

    ReplyDelete