Monday, January 19, 2015

Monday Musings

Well here we go again!  Another Monday and another Muse.

There quite possibly will be some cranky and slightly frustrated people here in Dairyland.  You see if you are aware of the NFL, you might know there is a football team in a smaller city north of here.  That aforementioned team lost a very heartbreaking game yesterday or so I'm told.  To put it in perspective, Saturday I was trying to buy some more Annie Sloan paint from a nearby little store the lady had Green Bay Packer nails, earrings, a huge ring like she won a past Super Bowl, and a sweatshirt on.  I made the mistake of asking her if she thought 'we' had a chance on Sunday.  She looked at me through narrowed eyes and said, 'Aaron told us to relax at the beginning of the year'.  Well relax they did at the end of the 4th quarter and we know how that turned out.

Did you know there is a term called 'free range children'?  Kinda like free range chickens if you ask me.  However, I do think children have bigger brains than bird brains (well usually).  There's a couple that is in trouble with child protective services somewhere out east for letting their kids walk to and from school and to and from a park.  Maybe I don't know the full story, but life sure is different than when I grew up.  If we could see the neighbor's house through the blizzard and the wind chill was above -20 that was good enough to don our snow boots and trudge off the 1/2 mile to school.

Speaking of free range.  This happened.  A temporary license to practice driving her parents to the world of white knuckles and stomping imaginary brakes.  So far, so good.

And then there's these two people.  Who send pictures like this that make me giggle.  My parents love to travel and see others and enjoy the sights.  It's obvious in this picture.  They also sadistically sent weather forecasts.
Sometimes I worry about being a crazy cat lady since I like our golden boy as much as I do.  But at least I won't need to go for therapy.  

You know you've been married awhile and have a slightly boring existence when you text a photo to the Chairman with a picture of the new recycling bin:
And finally, there was recently some controversy related to my last post that I decided to remove to alleviate concerns of insensitivity.  You see I was sharing some private matters that a reader felt was over-dramatizing a recent medical concern.  I wrote all I did out of love for those that support me and as a memory of what I was feeling at the time.   In no way do I want it to seem that my minor scare can compare to others dealing with much bigger concerns.  :-(

Sorry for the little content on this Musings... there's always next time.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. You go right ahead and share your joys, your sorrows, your thrilling good news. We have a lady in this field going through dire cancer threats right now and I know she would be absolutely thrilled at your good news! Hugs...dlk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! I say if people don't like your posts they should just stop reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So if you have 'the scare' but then it was 'only' that, a scare, it's not legitimate and you can't write your own feelings- especially in your situation with a family history of more than just 'the scare'. I went to the page to leave my "What a relief" comment and wondered why the post was gone. Well I am glad that it was a scare and not the real thing!
    And good luck with the 'My Kid is Driving' thing! And all the other things that go with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I feel like I missed out because I haven't been visiting this site often enough! That's my own fault I suppose.

    ReplyDelete