Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday Musings

Hello there!  Long time, no chat!  You see I had some family members tell me over the holidays that maybe once a week is enough for the Musings.  I had muttered something about feeling like I had little to share some days and that was the advice.  I'll try and keep it once a week, but I might miss you too much.  Will see.

What's happened since we last visited?  Cold.  Bone-jarring cold.  Like I can't feel my forehead when I'm walking outside cold.  Lisi seems unaffected by the bitter temps in that she still wants her walks and then runs back to her bed in the kitchen.  It is a bit more temperate now and looks better as the week goes on.  It's all relative though.  I ran out to the mailbox in my pj's this am and as I got back in the house I was thinking, 'it must be pretty nice out today!'.  The thermometer said 9 degrees...

Today daughter #1 begins her first day at driving school.  Where has my dear little black-haired baby gone?  Well away forever.  But a lovely young lady has replaced her.  And that's nice too.  We had an extra young man here over the weekend.  As we all filed in and sat down yesterday morning in our meeting I looked to my right and saw all four of them sitting in a line.  I got that feeling of your heart in your throat.  It's really a privilege to be with these teenagers.  

Yesterday, we ate out with some friends.  I glanced over at the other table and saw this.  I would have taken a 'better' picture, but trying to get teenagers to cooperate in a public place for a picture can sometimes be challenging.
If you know me at all, you know that my ability for creativity and craftiness is about a -27.  I actually dared myself to hop back on Pinterest last week (during the brutal and boring cold spell) and got the chills (not from the temperatures but from my lack of abilities).  Pinterest is just way too much cuteness and cleverness and crafts for my structured, engineering-like brain.  Someone please come decorate my house!  I digress...

Anyway, I have heard raving accolades about Annie Sloan chalk paint from friends and relatives.  So I bought a sample-size of burgandy and slapped it on my Goodwill chair.  After a couple rub downs of clear wax, here is the result.  I might move along to a couple other projects.  The Chairman is doing full-blown research on what colors to choose.  Heh.
Did you know we live in the same state that the Green Bay Packers are in?  Just in case you are wondering, they won yesterday.  

I got our "Happy New Year!!!" card sent out a few days ago.  If you didn't receive one in your mailbox and are wishing you had a hard copy of it, let me know your address.  I have a few left.  

A new gas station opened up a couple miles from here.  'Why on earth is she telling us this?' you ask yourself.  Well this isn't just your average corner gas station.  This gas station sells lots of food items - one of which is their specialty.  Donuts!  And let me tell you, they are deliciousness.  Since they were running an awesome special on half-dozens, I may or may not have bought up about five extra boxes (equates to 30 donuts if you're struggling with the math) and threw them in the freezer.  The rest of the family may or may not know about these extra boxes...  however if I ate 30 donuts in the next couple of weeks, I would invite you to come visit me in the heart or diabetes wing of the nearby hospital.

This was happening last night in our house.  


It reminded me a lot of this video.

Well I think the cat has worms again.  So off to Amazon I go to place an order.  Happy Monday to you!  Maybe I'll see you later this week.  Maybe not... but first, maybe I should do some housework.



2 comments:

  1. Well boo! I kept looking for your Thursday Thoughts…. I was hoping you weren't ill or incapacitated…..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full blown research - that sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete