Monday, March 16, 2015

Monday Musings

Good Monday morning!  I'm not very amused today, but will see if there are some Musings.

We've had just lovely weather if that interests you.  Ok, maybe not.  But I do want to quickly add (before you click yourself to something more interesting on the world wide web) that it is to be 70 degrees here today!!  I intend to soak up some sunshine between my chores.

We are not able to ski anymore.  However, what was left of our family (daughter #1 was working) went on a hike at a nearby park.



While we were sitting by the natural spring, two ladies walked up with bags of stuff.  Seemed unusual to carry bags around.  The Chairman asks what was happening.  The one lady replied that she was setting up a proposal scene as her future (or so they hope!) son-in-law was going to ask her daughter to marry him in just a few minutes.  They had candles and pictures and what-not.  We thought of just hanging out there to watch the whole thing, but figured our dirty dog and ogling eyes wouldn't contribute positively to the memorable occasion.  


Often on FB, I see pictures that tell us to share if your husband is the greatest, or your kids are the cutest, or your cat is the smartest.  My knee-jerk reaction is what if your kids are ugly or your cat is dumb?  Do those people feel bad?  Heh.  The other night I texted this picture I saw on FB to both my daughters.

I simply texted, 'wish I could share'.  The response, 'funny mom'...  I do my best to keep self-esteem in check here at the Chairman and Co.

I saw this in a store.  It made me smile, but not enough to fork over $5 to keep.
I noticed a continuing education class in our local paper.  It was a class for learning about cat nutrition and how to make cat treats.  The class costs $24.60.  I'm thinking that money could buy a lot of cat treats.  I'm thinking you could probably meet some crazy cat ladies at the class.  And I'm also thinking that if any of the ladies (yes, I doubt any guys would be there) had on dark slacks, they would be coated in cat hair.

Finally.  I just recently learned some people we know are experiencing tragedy in the loss of their little baby.  My heart aches for them as their depth of grief would be overwhelming right now.  Thankfully, sorrows are shared and that will comfort.  We've proved it true.

No comments:

Post a Comment