Monday, March 30, 2015

Monday Musings

Has it been a week?  Where did the time go?  How was your past week?  Nice?  Scary?  Exciting?  Sad?  We all are marching through life.  I enjoyed a thought yesterday that was shared.  We all get wounded in life.  Sometimes it is our own fault.  Sometimes there are 'accidents'.  We get hurt.  We lose loved ones.  We can be robbed of joy.  But then there is care.  Children sometimes cry and carry on not because they are so hurt, but because they want to know someone cares.  Nothing feels better than to know someone cares.  We love to be well-cared for.  I know I do.  And I am.

Here are a couple pictures taken on the way yesterday:
yes, there is another girl added to the family 
yes, teenage guys don't like early-morning photos, but photo-bombing sisters enjoy seeing their brother not enjoy it.
A couple days ago, I decided when I got up that I wasn't going to accomplish a lot.  I decided it was a 'me' day.  I squandered along in the morning.  I took an hour nap in the afternoon.  I absent-mindedly picked up here and there and made supper, but that was about it.  And do you know what?  I felt icky.  I felt like I didn't do my fair share.  I didn't have that sense of accomplishment.  So I laced up my bootstraps and got three loads of laundry done and folded and put away.  Washed down the kitchen floor.  Cleaned out a closet and put away winter gear.  And I went to bed feeling much, much better.  Idleness isn't my friend and doesn't help my mood.

Do you use dryer balls?  I heard recently that they are good to help remove hair and lint and make clothes softer.  I bought a couple on a clearance a few weeks ago.  The verdict is still out, but son #1 finds them very appealing to throw at his sisters.  So maybe it was worth it to buy them.

I got the fundraiser goods done!  I think they were good enough to eat.



I often find little funny pictures online that I then send to send to the MYP.  Here were a few from the last week.  You probably have to be a parent of teenagers to see the humor.



I saw this on a pretty towel at a nearby fancy grocery store.  It made me smile:
So this week is a 'special' kind of week.  Lots of special things.  Special people.  Special food cooked  Special thoughts.

There's a bit of family rivalry going on this week.  Some family members are big Badger fans.  Some family members are big Wildcat (KY) fans.  Good thing we all like each other despite March Madness.  But I will add... On Wisconsin!  Here is our 'Wildcat' checking out the latest scores hoping the Wildcats lose...


We are soon going to find some snow to put our skis and snowboards to use in a very picturesque setting.  I may download a picture for you to see the view.  I may let you know if our limbs are still intact and that our rotator cuffs still go in circles.  I'm sure there will be blog fodder after the experience.

What is it about dogs and rules?  Lisi knows full well that she is NOT to be on carpet.  She knows that she has never been allowed in the living room.  Yet when I find her sleeping, this is what I often see.  Naughtiness.
 Finally, I saw this photo from 2008 recently.  It was taken just six years ago.  It makes me want to go catch my breath for how quickly little ones become young adults.  Now son #1 looks me in the eye.  Now daughter #1 drives me with her temps.  Now daughter #3 can outwit me in words.  We all are growing and changing as they age and we learn to parent differently than when they were little.  I guess that sums up life.

Happy week ahead!  And remember.  Someone always cares...

4 comments:

  1. We used to play that song in pep band in high school. It was the tune for some of the local schools.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOYus1BE7jk

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come T is son #1 and R is daughter #1 but M is daughter #3? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It DOES feel good to get something done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re dryer balls: Jysk, one of the better foreign chains to have come to Ukraine has bins full of dryer balls..... but I've seen only one dryer in the whole country, ever. Hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete