Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Monday Musings + 1 day

Well I didn't Muse yesterday.  Seems nary a peep missed it.  That's ok.  My feelings aren't too hurt.  I just didn't take the time.  My day started quickly and soon it was dusk.  So today I Muse.  On a Tuesday.

The end of last week the Chairman asked if I wanted to go to a suite.  Oh my love!  You want us to have alone-time!  And a suite no less!  I immediately envisioned a two or three room suite with room service and pampering to boot.  Then he added it was at a baseball game with about 15 other people.  Oh.  Well sure!  We went and enjoyed incredibly nice seats and a roomy living space and a buffet of Mexican food along with the obligatory baseball fare of hot dogs and brats.  The Chairman worked the crowd while I sat next to daughter #1 so I could steal her cotton candy.  

sweets in the suite

taking in some baseball

the obligatory selfie

It was Star Wars night and Darth Vader came and posed for me
On-line ordering can be a risky business.  I threw caution to the wind and ordered some new stools for our kitchen island.  The order was delivered so fast it seemed like they had already pulled it from the warehouse before I confirmed my payment.  In less than 36 hours, three boxes were delivered.  And not only were they what I wanted, but they exceeded every expectation of quality.  I hope I'm as lucky next time.

Cooking for the Chairman is extremely rewarding.  He's appreciative of most every meal and says so.  The MYP?  Not so much.  Some days they love it.  Like a taco or spaghetti or homemade pizza night.  This week I heard the comment, 'everything you make just tastes too homemade'.  Um.  Isn't that a good thing?  So we all sat down and listed off options and favorites and hopefully I don't disappoint the masses so much.

Bedtimes around here vary.  In fact, I almost beat some of the MYP to bed some nights.  It does seem though that they love to have alone-time right before bed.  That is if I can keep my eyes open.  Last night I was lying beside one of our progeny and was trying to get away so I could go brush my teeth and call it a day and I heard this comment:  "I like that feeling when I feel loved."  I think that short sentence sums up some of the the most preciousness of life.  Very well said my dear.  

I saw a bunch of funny 'thank yous' you could send to teachers at the end of the school year.  One resonated with me.  "Thank you for not mentioning that I sent the exact same lunch to school every day for an entire school year".  Well it is somewhat by choice with one of our MYP.  One of the biggest reasons I am soooo glad for the school year to end is to not have to get up at 6:00 and make three lunches in rapid fire.  
It is three years tomorrow that this little furball joined our family.  On that car ride home I tried not to look at him.  I wanted that little kitty to be my daughter's cat and not mine.  I did not want to love him with the same fierceness that I love our dog.  Well I failed miserably.  And I'm ok with that.

 So back to the yard I go.  It is hard to stay inside when there are things blooming, weeds popping, and the scent of lilacs filling the air.  I hope your week smells lovely and is beautiful.



2 comments:

  1. The tastes "too homemade" comment just made me chuckle. Wait till those fine children are gone from home and eating cafeteria food in a dorm....they will yearn for homemade food again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I was going to say, Renee. My daughter things homemade is about the only way to eat right now.

    ReplyDelete