Monday, January 25, 2016

Monday Musings

Good morning Peeps!  Time to Muse once again.  I might try to keep it to Musing and not an essay or discussion about matters that really don't matter to you.

The past few days I feel like I've been tippy-toeing around a land mine of viruses.  It seems no matter where I was or who I was with I heard the sniffly, sneezy, coughing sounds of illness.  My throat tickles.  My eyes itch.  But I'm not going to succumb to this without a fight.  Hopefully my green smoothies and daily kefir keep me afloat.

If you are a parent, you will know what I am saying.  Children are exhausting.  They keep you awake even before they are born - whether through the worry of adoption or carrying a full-term baby.  They keep you awake as babies.  They exhaust you as toddlers and beyond.  Then as they grow and develop and change, they exhaust you through emotions and worries of the unknown future.  As I may have mentioned before, we are in the sweet spot of parenting in some ways.  No significant others.  No huge choices yet for another year.  They tie their own shoes and are starting to drive themselves to places.  But.  It is exhausting.  In a good way.

The other night, the Chairman and I were lying in bed around 10:20 finally catching up with each other on how our days went.  It is a precious time we carve out each day.  The door slowly opens.  And the eldest child leaps into our bed between us and says, 'what should we talk about?'.  Um.  That we love you deeply and would love you even more if you left our room.  Heh.  I saw this cartoon and this was so very appropriate.
Son #1 is doing a lot of practice driving.  He's been so flawless that I find myself playing games on my phone instead of watching for oncoming cars.  Can I toot his horn a little? He began wrestling as a sophomore in high school just a couple weeks ago.  On Saturday at a tournament, he won three matches and lost one.  I think that is worth tooting about.
Lisi and I needed to kill some time while waiting for one of the MYP at an appointment.  We found this little area that was so pretty in the most monotone way.
Since that day, she has been limping and favoring one leg.  I'm not sure what's wrong, but hopefully the vet tells me this afternoon.

We had a couple extra young teens with us this weekend.  So I made them stand all purdy in a row and get a picture before we left for the day.


This morning I had yet another mammogram.  I'm the 'problem child' they call me.  The apprehension is palpable before I go in.  I had the same gal I had a year ago when I needed a biopsy.  She remembered me which was really nice.  Within 10 minutes I had my results which thankfully were good.  And even better, for the first time in years, I don't have to return until another year passes! There are many bad things happening to good people.  I count myself fortunate and feel for others. And the extra-special balm is the Chairman texting me entirely through the 10-minute waiting time because he's incredibly thoughtful and knows it would help me.  I love him for that.

I liked this quote.  And today I was hoping for a bit of it.  But the laundry piles call out my name and the ingredients for cookies are in the cupboard and the night time meal where we all gather at the round table isn't really figured out yet.  Happy week ahead!  Looks like the Musing was bit too wordy once again.  My apologies.

1 comment:

  1. Always nice to get a clear mammogram!! I learned more about my youngest and got more into her while she lay on my bed and I was wishing I was asleep. Loved that Zit's comic as well!!

    ReplyDelete