Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cookie Crumbs

Just did up a batch of chocolate chip cookies to feed the masses. Feel like making bullets of my thoughts again. No promises of even a snicker or even a 'hmmm' from them. But it makes me feel better!

* Two of our former neighbor boys are here. Almost feels 'normal' to hear the din and commotion two added to the mix bring.

* Especially in light of the fact we had Rayna gone over the weekend, and T&M gone Sun. night-this morning. So the fighting was less. The noise not as noisy. And the grandparents R. will enjoy a nap later today I reckon.

* I was worried about the range/oven that was built in here when we bought the house. It is a gas set-up. If you know me at all, you would know a good therapy afternoon for me is baking bread, cinnamon rolls, cookies, or stirring up another pot of pasta. And so it was extremely important for me to have something I like. Well I LIKE it. A lot. I grew up on gas. No, that sounded wrong. I grew up on love, food, and fresh SD air. But my mom always had a gas stove and so it feels like I've come full circle.

* I'm so happy our water doesn't stink. And now the house smells more familiar. We must have a family odor? I'm not saying we're not clean. I think we are... maybe really are. But yet, now it has a familiar smell again. Maybe it is the bread that rises now. The garlic in the pasta sauces. And the same shampoo on the shelf.

* I told D. last Saturday I was about ready to sell Lisi. I think it is because I'm busier than normal. But I'm tired of the work of an overgrown puppy. And she's figuring out where she belongs in the scheme of life. She's completely adorable. Mostly smart. But very frustrating when the next hole is dug, the next neighbor yard is found, and the next hair is shed. We'll probably keep her. But. Oh boy.

* We begin with a new meeting for Wed. starting tomorrow! I'm sad and happy at the same time. I know it'll be good. But we'll miss our old bunch too. Lucky for us, Sundays are still the same.

* We need rain.

* We look forward to a great conv. in IA next week! I think we'll bunk it.

* The kids just LOVE rollerblading, riding scooters in our unfinished basement. We want to build it out, but now I'm wondering maybe we should wait and let them just be wild down there this winter?

* The trampoline came! It is partially set up already. Should be finished by tomorrow.

* I've froze 30 meals of corn! I'm so happy to have that much done.

* Tonight's menu is grilled bbq chicken, pasta, corn on the cob, cukes w/cream, sliced tomatoes, fruit salad, and dinner rolls. We have a family coming over. The man of the family is Duane's friend from all his growing up years. Haven't seen them in a long time.

* Duane asked last night for mosquito spray. I ran downstairs and went right to the box and there it was! See??? All that looking for libary books paid off. Literally.

* I hope my niece that just moved to KY doesn't forget to come home once in awhile. We'll miss her a lot.

Enough crumbs. Now on to ironing...

3 comments:

  1. well you sure got a snicker from me on that "gas" comment! hee hee!
    i like bullets too ..they help get stuff out there that feels like it needs to be said, ya know? stuff like family smells and such! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweet corn brought me over here! I love it and we get very little over here. Maybe I'll see if I can grow some in a window box??? hmmm, sounds tricky... glad you're getting settle in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay. See you next week. We'll be bunking it, too. If the boys stay with me instead of Daddy due to him not being able to do it so soon after surgery, you might want to stay on the opposite side of the bunks. ;)

    ReplyDelete