Monday, August 11, 2008

Where is it?

That will be the familiar cry heard from within the walls of this house. We have the garage stacked, the basement stacked, and mostly labeled. But on Sat. morning right before the movers arrived, I did a last minute scramble and stuffed some stuff here and there to have it ready and now I have NO idea where it is.

Our dryer can't be hooked up until the electrician comes. They had a gas dryer apparently and we need the fancy prong thingy for our electric dryer.

The agitator knob on our washer was busted in the move. So whatever speed we were agitating last when doing laundry is the speed we'll have to be at present. I filed a claim this morning.

Our phone is STILL not connected. I almost read the riot act to the representative this morning. She promises service by noon tomorrow. Thank goodness for cells.

Our water stinks. Literally. Lucky for us we have a former neighbor that is in the water business. He said we need an 'iron curtain'. Will take the stink out and also prevent the red in the water to stain the house when watering.

We had a bittersweet going away party at our old neighborhood last night. After 14 years and raising our babies together, it is hard to leave them. Lucky for us, we didn't move to Texas. All I can say though... is we couldn't have picked a better bunch.

Speaking of neighbors: why are so many guys named "Mike" or "Steve"? We had two each at the last subdivision. The closest neighbors came over last week to say hi and he said his name was 'Mike'. Of course it is! (p.s. - Mike S., he'll never replace you).

It was almost scary watching the movers move the piano. I bought it for $100 when working in Minneapolis. It ended up being a gem in the rough. Is an old upright with dings and stuff (looks almost cool), but the sound. My goodness the sound is awesome. And so I can't get rid of it. So it took basically four guys (and three hernia surgeries later) to get that out of one house and into the next. But as I sat down and played yesterday before meeting... I'm so glad it is here.

I need to buy school supplies. The list for three kids is gigantic. I think I might try to attack some of it today while the kids are occupied.

Tile is cold. We had wood floors or vinyl in our old place. Now we have tile in all the bathrooms. Brrrrr. I need rugs I think. Lucky that the rest is wood.

We hear roosters! A farmette is just across the field and ol Foghorn Leghorn lets 'er loose every so often. Kinda neat really! Lisi still does a soft growl when he cockle-doodle-doos. She's a city dog yet.

So off I go in the mad search for things I don't know where they are at....

Will try to post a picture or two sometime.

4 comments:

  1. :) nice you're in!

    I lose stuff in my suitcase... just so you know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, although it's just the 2 of us - so a little differnt! We had trouble getting our phone hooked up too until Theo threatned to switch to TDS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!!! I'm so glad things are moved, Linda. Enjoy your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad you like your new "sounds". one of my favorite things here is the sound of the train horn in the distance. the track is about 3 miles away and the sound echos up the bluff. it is just a comforting almost lonesome sound..but not lonely. glad you're settling in.

    ReplyDelete