Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lisi's latest

Hi to all of my fans out there. I've had just a super day again. I heard a rumor that the lady that yells at me but loves me anyway was saying some nasty things about not wanting me around. I know she's full of tough talk. Sure I frustrate her to the nth degree, but hey! I'm a puppy! I look like a dog. I smell like a dog. But I'm a puppy! And I deserve to act like one.

Today was boring. We didn't go anywhere in the van. I love to go places. When you are a dog you never know where you're going. You just jump in and surprise! Here we are! Some place I've been before or somewhere I've never been either. Smells. Fun. People. I love going. But today? Nothing.

Well I was outside with my buddy Trevor. He was busy rollerblading on the front sidewalk and taking these huge leaps off of a ramp. He was busy. I saw an escape to find something to do. And there it was!

A car stopped over across the street. It looked like a friendly guy inside. The car had lights on top. And special bars between the seats. And serious looking tires. I ran to take a sniff. Then I decided it would be fun to follow this guy in a brown outfit to the house. There's little kids there. Don't they like dogs like me? Well Mr. Brown Outfit knocks on the door and it opens and what in the world am I supposed to do? I run in! A new house! Boys! Toys! It smells like supper is on the stove. I grab a toy and head outside with it. The lady grabs me by my collar and tries to pry it out of my mouth. She didn't say 'give', so I didn't. The lady looked frustrated. I should add that I never met this lady before and I don't think the lady here that yells and loves me anyway has met her either. Then I hear my name. Oh no. The lady back at home is looking frantic. She's marching down the street with my leash. I'm done for. Mr. Brown Outfit is walking back to his car and I see my lady coming with purpose. She grabs me by the collar and puts on my leash and sends me home with Trevor. Then I hear her saying all these schmaltzy apologies to a lady she had never met. Isn't that great? I brought neighbors together! Aren't we supposed to love our neighbor? I'm trying my best to do what is good. So there I was stuck on my rope at home watching my lady talking with the other lady. It went on a long time and by the time she was leaving, the ladies were laughing together. So I must have done my job. They like each other. It all seemed successful until my lady walked up to me and said some stern words. I wish people knew us dogs better. It sounded like this... 'blah, blah, blah, Lisi, blah, blah, blah'. Her tone was stern, but as she got done with it all, she did give me a quick pat on the head. I think I did something not quite right, but I'm not sure what.

From the lady that lives here: Imagine my horror looking out the front window and seeing two neighbor ladies (one holding onto my dog) and a sheriff talking in a neighboring yard. I thought we were definitely on a hit list and would be paying a fine for a dog at large. Well, he was there for a different, benign reason, but my dog was wandering without supervision. Back to training we go...

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there with Lisi. Some dogs take awhile to settle down. We had a mastiff and she was a doll from the get go. Than we got this mixed breed lab and it took me a long time to love her. The labs love to run and dig that about drove me nuts. We had to learn that she was tied on her cable outside. Everybody always comments on what a nice dog she is. I keep thinking but it took me four years to appreciate her. Our mastif died at age 5 and Daisy is still around at 11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this one gave me a good laugh! "Lisi" you write great from your point of view! :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're doing your job, Lisi... bring neighbors together. ;) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think lisi needs her own blog! she has a very exciting if dumbfounding life! for a minute there i thought she was going to jump in the cop's car.

    ReplyDelete