Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Double whammy

So E. the new neighbor girl is getting comfortable here. Very very comfortable. To the point she says what she's thinking.

I'm in the living room putting together a new nightstand for one of the girls (see... two nightstands are needing to be built if you do the math).

E: What are you doing?
me: Putting together a nightstand.
E: It is taking you a really long time.
me: Yes, I've never done one like this before.
E: You're really slow.
me: I'm doing the best I can.
E: I think it is because you are a girl. A boy would do it faster.
me: Really?
E: How old are you?
me: 43
E: You are that old? My dad is younger and he still could build it a lot faster than you.
me: Well that's nice (what else could I say?)

On a side note: After putting together nightstand #1 in about 2 hours, I got nightstand #2 done in under an hour. Great learning curve, eh?

2 comments:

  1. It's sad she already has that prejudice about female capabilities. But I think I'm related to her when it comes to bluntness. :-)

    ReplyDelete