Tuesday, December 22, 2009

And to all... a good holiday!

Wanted to wish you all a good next two weeks! I might be MIA as we have lots happening (not that you'd miss me). My mean older brother flew in from CA with his lovely wife and 3 great boys. So I'll be dealing with his ornery ways for the next week or so. I'm sure a story will result from all this closeness.

We are celebrating the 50 years of my parents marriage this week. It is a few months early, but the only time all 18 of us could be together like that. They're an inspiration. And I think the fact that we all love each other is quite a tribute to them.

Lisi is going off to the kennel. But! She spends nearly every time in a playgroup there with a collie that friends ours board when they are gone. Sounds a bit 'soft', but I like that idea. I still admit to having a hard time leaving her. She's with me all the time and it feels like leaving a kid behind!

Do stormy days help bread rise? It is snowing and the loaves look great. I'm on to dinner rolls and the Chairman's granola next.

I've been frantically putting in all these little 'hidden helpers' in my baked stuff to keep the kids healthy. It has been working on everyone... except me. I've had a terrific cold/cough now for a week. My 2nd of the season. The kids? Nada. Not sick a bit. What gives.

I better get hopping. Stay warm! Stay dry! Stay cozy! And be thankful...

5 comments:

  1. Hmmmm... vitamin C, vitamin C, vitamin C. Sorry you've been under the weather a little bit. Enjoy time with family (know you will!) and wish your parents a Happy 50th Wedding Anniversary from us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids ARE the germ factories. Sorry! Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have special times! see you later...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your BROTHER is the mean, ornery, one?? I heard otherwise the other day, well, actually today! My lips are sealed, but it came to me in a roundabout way from . . . nevermind. Enjoy your time with family. I had a major pity party for myself yesterday, anticipating having to stay home this weekend because of the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful holiday family time!

    ReplyDelete