Friday, February 5, 2010

Finally Friday...

The cookies bake. Gingersnap with blackstrap molasses in them. Kinda dark, but nutritious (or so I think). And the kids eat them. I've done a lot of cooking just now. Bread of course. Blueberry muffins, fish, chicken soup, eggplant and spaghetti sauce. Not to mention about 3 salads. Yum. Good thing I like cooking and my kitchen.

It's been one of 'those' days though. The kind where you see a hole at the end of your sock on the big toe and you think it isn't a big deal. And then it is irritating all day long. Then you're looking for ginger and you spin and spin the spice rack (all the while realizing you should have ran to the bathroom before you started the latest project) and finally you spot it tipped over behind the rack. And then the two cracks on your fingertips hurt every time you touch something. And the hands are raw from being dried out too much. And one fingernail ripped and is too short and it catches every time you comb your hair. That kind of day. But I'm trying to keep a nice spirit....!

We have very special company here for a few days. One of them is a dear, dear old man. He is enjoying the wood stove even more than me. He gives encouraging words every time I add more wood. It's hot in that room, but he seems to be wanting it that way.

And one sick daughter. A bad cold I guess. We have three very distinct children. The one home with me today is completely self-entertaining. To the point I go ask, 'want to play a game?'. No thanks, I'm busy. Ok... but then she comes around for a frequent hug and goes off on her way. I like that about being a mom. Nurturing. I learned from the best.

Which makes me think. My folks should be nearly waking up tomorrow... very soon on the other side of the world. Deep envy creeps in when they go to Hong Kong. Some day... some day... I want to be there for the annual there too!

We get the UPS and FedEx guys in our subdivision each day. And it coincides with my daily walk. FedEx just roars past. Mr. UPS not only waves on his way by, but if he realizes I haven't seen him, he slows down and frantically waves until I do. He's stopped here a few times. Super-friendly guy. If I have a choice, UPS will get my business.

The gingersnaps beep. Not real riveting here, but felt like visiting with you all... whoever you might be!

6 comments:

  1. If you check with Charla to verify that I am OK(!) she can give you my email add. and you can then send me your email add (are you still with me?) and I'll send you a picture that your dear elderly visitor will enjoy seeing..as well as you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll verify she's okay. :-)

    I'm popping on to read blogs while my frozen pizza is baking for the boys. Your baking sounds MUCH better than my frozen pizza for supper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's not ok. ( just joshin')..she's nice. but she has a suuuuuthuuuuun' accent. real bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carmex on those sore finger tips will do wonders. Our cold, dry Canadian winters have taught us many uses for carmex - other than to soften up our lips. Your kitchen sounds like it smells lovely. Gingersnaps are a fav. Thanks for the visit.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. my favorite use of carmex was always other parts- nose, fingers- that got chapped and cracked... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the visit. I love popping in to see what's going on at your house!

    ReplyDelete