Monday, February 1, 2010

Munday Monday some More!

walking over the fish tank...
no, the Chairman and I didn't go to the Caribbean with our coffee...
I like Trevor's face. True-boy fashion...
Happy Birthday Grandma!
The guests of honor...

Very nice past weekend! Actually, we're very happy the Chairman is back in Wisconsin. He was looking inside of a courtroom in NYC last week. Don't worry it wasn't anything he did wrong. Actually, he was verbally supporting a report he worked on. I think it went well, but he's a modest sort of guy.

We went to a local museum we have a annual membership for. But it is soon expiring. And it was something to do to entertain these young, energetic minds. Was nice!

And we had company over. I love the way the house feels with friends in it. Warm. Happy. And! We also celebrated Mom D's birthday!

I'm plowing through some scary parts of our house. Deep, dark corners of the basement. Boxes that have never been looked at since we moved. I am filling bags. Some to Goodwill. Some to test the mettle of the garbage man's back. It's a wonderful feeling. And I have a ways to go.

I have a child that only wants to wear about three things in her over-stuffed drawer to school. She's in a dither if they are dirty. How can I reasonably convince her that the other choices actually work and look nice as well? Ugh.

We've already bought a replacement goldfish. So far, so good....

I got a snail-mail letter today that just made my spirit soar. It was from a very elderly lady and it took her a lot of effort and time to do it. It's going in the 'keep file'. I sure hope I'm nice to "young people" when I'm older. I guess I better start right now...

5 comments:

  1. Scary parts of the house -- don't remind me! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do a little "plowing" at our house. Soon. How does it get so out of control? I need to take lessons from you, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really think we should each just move one house to the right and clean out each others deep, dark corners. I'm doing the same thing!! Many loads to the dump. A pile for the Sally Ann and very little left to keep. Piles for my children in their homes - their junk that has been stored at our house can now go and clutter up theirs. I still think it would be easier to sort through someone else's treasures. But I'll think of all of you when I get back to it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on what your kids wear thing. My oldest daughter was so picky at age 12 or so, she took over her own laundry, willingly.
    Now, I do no laundry except ours, and the kids think dad ought to do his. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going thru dark corners too. I don't know why it's so easy for me to accumulate junk. And yes it's much easier for me to go clean out someone elses stuff!

    ReplyDelete