Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Mom!



She's the best. I know lots of people say that about their mom. And you are welcome to do that because that's how you feel. But that is how I feel. Truly. She is and was the best. She was my first memory. She lovingly worked with my stubborn strong nature and encouraged me to channel it in positive ways. She is one of the most giving and selfless people I know. I may be biased, but this is true. She's a helpmate in the deepest sense. She loves her family. But she loves others too. Always thinking of those in 'lonely corners'. I think it comes from her upbringing. She was the granddaughter of a blind man. She helped her Grandpa as a little girl and never stopped living for others. She's fought cancer twice and won. And so we are thankful. For a mom that is a shining example of what I could and should be. And so... happy birthday to you... my mom and my friend.

3 comments: