Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Mess



Yep. If I'm not on top of it, pretty soon it's all a mess. The house that is. A very busy weekend. And now as the bus rolled away I see a Polly Pocket waterpark on the kitchen island. Water bowls with homemade waterslides. I see a humongous fort upstairs. And the beginnings of submarine something in the office. The kids have vivid imaginations to say the least. But it is messy fun.

Our good friend and photographer Melanie helped pick out a frame for our newest picture. She makes even us look kinda nice. The portrait is of the girls pulling Lisi in an antique wagon with Trevor hanging out in back. No one is looking at the camera. I LOVE it. Can't wait to see it up on the mantle.

So we shared in sadness again this weekend. The lady that died would be considered 'elderly' by number. But she was far from old. She was actually kinda 'hip' if you know what I mean. She was always forward thinking. Never would say it was better in the old days. Loved people beyond her own blood in a way that made you feel it deeply. And she'll be sorely missed. By many. She left a legacy behind... a group of people that I consider to be dear friends. Kind, loving people that will continue to share just like their mother did.

We somehow are avoiding cavities at our house. So far... so good! It is always a good thing when any payment made to the dentist is directly out of our back pocket.

And speaking of good! Remember the mattress? Well aforementioned retailer just left a message on the Chairman's phone. They'll replace it! I'm not sure with what... maybe an air mattress. But maybe not! They originally weren't going to, but the Chairman got all testy on them and then a sweet message came saying they would! The Chairman getting testy isn't one to be reckoned with. (tee-hee). Actually he's a pretty level guy.

I don't play tennis, but my tennis elbow is giving me fits. But you peeps don't like to hear people complain about ailments, and so I won't.

I almost felt nervous about my parents this weekend. You see I woke up on Saturday morning to tsunami warnings for the Hawaiian Islands. And guess where they are? So after a couple phone calls it turned out to be the blizzard that never came. I guess they got to hear warning sounds and see people evacuate. So that'll be a good story to tell if nothing else.

If you stand on the highest point of our yard on the furthest point south and put your face to the sun and breathe in deeply, you can almost smell spring. But not quite. Soon though!

So back to the mess. And the need for more bread. And the pile of baskets waiting to be delivered to the laundry room. Mundane it is. But good things can happen on ordinary days....

1 comment:

  1. Very nice description of E. I certainly felt that way from the first time I met her- she was exceptional like that!

    ReplyDelete