Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday thoughts

I'm not sure the explanation of the pant leg... he was just kinda hot?
OSHA approved of course
We always wear protective gear...
She's just so cute

Wow this week sure has been dandy! But 'they' are saying snow for Sunday. Ugh. Fun to see the kids really playing outside. Seeing the bulbs peeking. Seeing the dog swim again. And feeling some good vitamin D therapy on the face. Ahhhh.

Feeling inadequate again. This blog stuff ain't for sissies. I was just hopping around and my goodness. There's a lot of talent out there. Creative, beautiful blogs. Great writing. Lovely pictures. And me? Well I can write a dog story. But offer little else. Except verbalizing the emotions of that moment. But I love having a journal of our lives. Some day it'll be history.

This week was unusual in that I have had four invites in five days for lunch. How neat is that? With the exception of eating massive amounts of calories at noon, it is all good. Friends. Good eating. Conversation about life. Happy sigh.

Facebook does the most bizarre things sometimes. When I sign in it takes me to someones myspace account. Or another weird place. I worry about a virus, but then it goes back to normal and then I don't worry about a virus.

Trevor came bursting in the house tonight. MOM! DID YOU SEE THEM? What!?! Apparently 16 deer (1 lucky buck and 15 doe) ran through the yard. Wish I had...

Tomorrow we get company! I told the fellow blogger that I would not fuss. Wouldn't clean the house a bit. Wouldn't make any special food. I lied. I can't help myself.

The new mattress is here. And it is. Very. Firm. To the point that I'm trying to adjust. The Chairman says it is just 'great'. He loves it and tells me I didn't know what a good mattress felt like anymore. And I sleep well. So it is just 'great' for me too. Sorta. In a hard sort of way.

5 comments:

  1. It's great to see our happy grandchildren. Enjoy these days, they grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chair on the scooter!

    and that's awfully weird about logging in to f/b and being taken to a myspace page...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your week was full of niceness. I need to focus more on the "niceness". I think I'd be more content and less grumpy. Thanks for sharing your "niceness" and making me stop and refocus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the pant leg thing is so it doesn't get caught in the brake. Sometimes bikers do that too so it doesn't get caught in the chain or get grease stains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does me good to see your kids doing things in the less than normal fashion....the chair on the scooter!!!! A scooter much like that one was part of a b-ball competions that ending in a broken arm....my daughter....11 at night,oh a Saturday nite. But what fun. I love your postings, kids, dogs or the mundane.

    ReplyDelete