Monday, March 29, 2010

Mediocre Monday

Mundane was so... well mundane. This is going to be simply a stream of absolutely unnecessary random thoughts. But I know people that read blogs aren't necessarily wanting something informative. They just want to be mildly entertained or are trying to put off getting that next load of laundry in or the dishwasher unloaded. I know! I know! the feeling. My son and husband had the privilege of paintball again. They enjoy it immensely. I didn't take any fatigue/gun-holding shots this time. It might tarnish our squeaky-clean image we try to impose on others. tee-hee. I'm thankful for spam filters. I happened to gander at that file. And forgoodnesssakes. I don't need any prescriptions or a fake watch! Or worse. Somehow the e-mail people that work behind the scenes are privy to their tactics. Did any of you have the sense enough to go to websites to print coupons before walking into a store? I saved $25 on Saturday. I should be doing that more often. Vacations are fascinating. There's a ton of hype before you go. Counting off days. Anticipating the great joy that is impending. Yeah! And then you get there. Turbo-charged emotion. Being out of the comfort zone. Trying new foods and experiences. Meeting new people. Wow. And then you're completely exhausted. Everyone is bordering on cranky and then you walk over the threshold of home. Ahhhh. I missed this place so much. It is so good to be home again. That, my friend, is why vacations are so great. The before, during, and after all emit great emotion. Speaking of emotion. Another funeral in town. This is the 4th in a matter of few months. Our kids are finding it 'normal' to go to a funeral every few weeks. And they fidget sit quietly and observe it all. And the weather is good and getting better. The side effect is allergies in full swing. Rayna's is more manageable. Just tree pollen that a little daily generic pill takes care of. Trevor's roars into asthma the first chance it gets. So I called the allergist and told them about HSA plans and high deductibles and I will have a 'package' waiting this afternoon. Doesn't hurt to ask does it? So while the washer spins I'll venture off with dog in tow to a nearby park with a great hiking path. But maybe I'll sneak into the close-by grocery store to get a few provisions for the week ahead.... hope yours is great!

Here's a couple quotes for you:

My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.

Housework is something you do that nobody notices until you don't do it.

We labor to make a house a home, then every time we're expecting visitors, we rush to turn it back into a house.

Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots.

I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.

5 comments:

  1. The Fredericks from MarylandMarch 29, 2010 at 12:10 PM

    Thanks once again for bringing a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always- enjoyed the post!

    my comment? I cannot quite picture The Chairman (whom I don't really officially know- just sort of through Sue and the family once upon a time)- anyway, I can't picture him walking across any floor in your house in barn boots... this made me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading the quotes..... maybe I won't feel so bad if our home isn't in top shape for company tomorrow. After all our visitor spent a year and many preps with me so she already knows I'm a messy person..... not so much dirty but messy.... no order..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the mundane randomness of your commentary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The top bunk thing made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete