Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday mopping

Yep. Cleaning the house. After about two hours days it needs attention again. I think we SAHM's know the endless battle it is to keep it all tidy. We all have that job we don't enjoy. For some it's laundry. For others it is showers/tubs. For me it is dusting. Pointless really. And as much as I love our wood stove, it can stir up quite a dust storm when cleaning out the ashes. And so we have dust that needs attention. And I dislike dusty houses more than actually dusting. And so I dust.

Mira said this morning, 'mom, it smells like worms outside today'. I'm not entirely sure what worms smell like, but I do know that means spring is springing! I'm not wearing my usual wool crew underneath anymore!

Parenting is one incredible journey. It brings the highest of highs. The deepest of concerns. And the most desperate feelings. Not bad desperate. Just desperate. And I'm thankful for a source to go to for answers. Sometimes it's not perfectly clear, but then it is. Plainly. And I hardly need to mention how much I value the Chairman as we go through this together.

I think I'm going to limit my FB time. It is addictive. And fun. And informative (sometimes too much). And a terrific time waster. I think it has its place for sure. But it needs to find a proper place in my day.

I told Lisi the other day she's getting boring. Just wanders around like a predictable dog. Aiming to please. Wanting to be close. And so her stories might be more infrequent because the best ones are the most stressful. Now really how interesting is it to hear about her chasing the next squirrel. She finally is the dog I was wanting when we got a puppy two years ago.

Well this isn't much.... but my brain is pretty empty today. (Mean older brother, don't run with that.)

1 comment:

  1. worms smell like damp sidewalk and earth in the spring or after a dry spell in summer!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete