Wednesday, March 3, 2010


This one is for my egg-gathering friends. Why the Far Sides? I dunno. Just miss them I guess. And Calvin of course. I still like to sit and look at the funnies with my coffee. But apparently most people don't anymore.

The mattress saga is nearly ended. A new set will be delivered next week. And! We got full replacement cost for our old 3-year old set plus we could just throw in a few extra nickels and upgrade to a different, better brand. So! Hopefully, this one lasts longer than 3 years. We decided against pillow-top this time. Hope that helps.

Masaaahge yesterday. But this lady I go to takes it personally when she feels the knots on my back/neck area and makes it her sole responsibility to get them squished into submission before my hour is up. And as a result the time with her can be... ahhhhh.... OW!!!... ahhh. But the knots are gone. Until next month.

I've felt ornery. Crabby. Cantankerous. Even the Chairman came home a night ago and within about one minute he said cautiously, 'anything wrong?'. Comes from being married this long. You just know when the other half isn't up to par. Any hidden reason behind it? Nope. I can't think of anything. I do struggle with the lack of challenge in my daily duties. A fellow blogger summed it up nicely here. And really, I do know I'm beyond fortunate.

Even with her pedigree papers, a little bunny outfoxed (great verb choice, eh?) our dog yesterday. If Lisi was left in the wild, I think she'd be done for. She's bred to be pretty and obedient, not smart I guess.

Pajama day at school. Seems nice enough until you realize you need to pick up the kids directly from school for something and have to haul clothes along for them to change into since the general populous won't understand why your kids are wandering around in pj's in the middle of the day.

Hmmm. Pretty lame post, but that's all I've got today.

4 comments:

  1. I read some comics on line but it just isn't the same (in my opinion) as reading them in the newspaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you summed up the word better than I could. Challenge. Or lack of. I agree we are SO VERY FORTUNATE! I do still have my little part-time job but it is barely 12 hours a week and I could do it in my sleep...so no challenge there either. Then again it could be the time of year, and just the winter blues. From one caring mom to another...keep on keeping on. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss newspapers, period!

    That chicken hauling the baby out to the chicken coop is brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Far Side and Calvin are some of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete