Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Facts

The kids had a half-day of school this past week. It coincidentally coincided with a school fundraiser at a local waterpark. So off we went. They had fun. And I enjoyed the warmth and humidity... didn't get wet this time.

One of our friends Alyssa goes to the same school. So she joined us!

Trevor finished up his basketball season. Ahem. Cough. Reach around to pat his back... he did great. Last night they won by ONE point. And he got the final basket. So kudos to you young man! I love the grin he gives the Chairman and I on the sidelines when he does something great.


Here's something I did today that I rarely do. I bought myself flowers. Why you ask? Well I walked briskly into the local big box club store and there they were! My favorite flowers for a great price. I just couldn't not do it. They'll make me smile for a while I think.

Twenty eight degrees feels downright cold after having some near 60 days...

I still don't get the appeal of high ceilings. You see the house we are now in has 18' ceilings in the living room. I bought one of those pole-thingys to change a light bulb. I hope it works.

Yesterday was a fun day for me. I went to school to help assist the kids for their spring pictures. Well first of all, when I was in school 146 years ago, we had pictures once in the fall. Here they do them both fall and spring. Another way to make money I reckon. But anyway, our school is unique in that it is a K4-8th grade. And so the classes would line up and I stood there at the top of the ramp and directed which kid should go to which photographer. It was just a blast. The 4-year olds looked like they needed a babysitter. The 8th graders were often bigger than I am. The 7th grade boys were the most amusing. It's like they are big and tall without a lick of sense in their heads. Amusing for short doses.... And I had to hold myself back from wanting to lick the palm of my hand and rub it over some wild cowlicks.

A quieter weekend ahead. Another funeral in the area. This one is for a relative of good friends of ours. We're getting good at sitting at funerals.

1 comment: