Tuesday, March 16, 2010

50th Anniversary

Ok... you pulled a fast one on me!
Shirley just arrived
Happy Birthday Mom! (she thinks that's why we came!)
Ok... you MUST look at my dad's face here... priceless.
the ones in the living room after just getting there
the happy couple
Punch! Service with a smile.
people gathering to take pictures
the surprise from KY and me...
Happy #50!

We did it! We pulled a fast one on our parents. You see they are celebrating 50 years of happy extraordinary days. Actually their anniversary is this week on Friday, but we surprised them last Saturday. After much planning and organizing by my sister and me (mean older brother would maybe have helped, but he lives thousands of miles away), we pulled it off! It started with a surprise by their granddaughter from KY and her significant other. Then a surprise appearance of my dad's sister from MN. A belated birthday lunch together for mom. They were reeling with all that and then! Nearly 50 of their good friends showed up on the front step at the same time! So here's some pictures to share.... I wish you could have heard my dad's laugh. Seen my mom's tears. Felt the love. It was worth it all!

3 comments:

  1. I bet it WAS worth it all! And yes!! I LOVE the look on your dad's face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed it! Looks like you all had a really nice time. Was also nice to see the old family pic.

    ReplyDelete