Thursday, March 11, 2010

Live Streaming...

of my small brain. Today is a good bread-rising day. Did bread and some cinnamon rolls and ring. That's the thing that's fun about yeast. You never really know how it's going to turn out. Kinda like life really.

I love spring. Even rainy, cloudy days of spring. Today on my walk I saw the first two robins of the season. I know you hear about the 'bluebird of happiness'. Well for me it is the first sighting of robins. That always gives me a spring in my step (pun intended).

But! Last night was scary for me. You see I was heading to g.m. north and west of here on 2-lane roads. The fog went from pretty bad to I-can't-see-one-thing-in-front-of-me fog. Finally after 20 minutes of scary feelings, I turned onto the interstate and came home via the city. I knew I should when the kids started arguing who would drive if I died in a crash. The Chairman was meeting me there - hence me driving in those conditions. He would never, NEVER allow me to drive if it was even slightly risky. Safety first!

It doesn't pay to buy young boys of nearly 10 slightly cheaper tennis shoes. He's very rough on them. Probably simply from doing what boys do. And so they need replacing faster. Because I thought I was getting a 'deal'.

I still like the smell of laundry soap. Even though I smell it so often.

The window boxes still have pretty pine boughs and red berries. Time to break out the daffodils!

One of the kids shot a bunch of videos of everyday life here. One was of me playing a duet with Mira. It was cute. But then there's one of me yelling at Trevor to put the camera down. It didn't sound so nice. I think I sometimes forget how I really sound. Ick.

A written thank you was given today. It was wonderful and sweet and made my day. I think we sometimes forget what a written note means in these cyber-send a text or an e-mail times.

This weekend brings much to look forward to. I like that. But first, I must make spaghetti sauce! After 15 years I think I've almost figured out how to do it almost (but not quite) as good as my mother-in-law. She's a full-blooded Italian. And that's some big shoes to fill.

2 comments:

  1. The part about the kids arguing about who would drive cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was just another reminder of how much I really need to get busy and get some notes written. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete