Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Muse

It's been awhile for the musings. Mundane was getting... well mundane. Can't have that can we? Or we'd lose some good readers for sure.

Hmm. Where to start? Actually, I don't premeditate my postings. It's just a stream of thought that pours into my fingertips. Sometimes good. Sometimes bad. Sometimes worth the read. And mostly not.

We have a new dishwasher! I never knew the passion involved in kitchen appliances. I posted on FB that a suggestion would be welcome! Well lots of suggestions later left me desperately confused. The Chairman and I visited. Looked. Shopped briefly. And the purchase was made. I'd tell you what we now have, but I'm not going to. You'll just have to stop by for a visit and see for yourself! I hope it lasts longer than 3 years.

Speaking of purchases. I did something I now regret. A few years back we had talked of a new mattress. We looked very casually. Then one day I saw a 'deal' in the paper and went and Mrs. Saleswoman was very thorough and convincing and I signed the paper. It was bliss. A combination of pillowy softness mixed with a stable firmness. We both loved it. Until last year. If you do the math it is about three years old and we have huge divots on the spots where we sleep. It is a 'no turn' mattress and it is begging to be turned. However, there's this pillowtop thingy that isn't conducive to flip. So... we had Mr. Smokes-A-Lot-With-A-Small-Ponytail Inspector come and 'measure' the divots. Take pictures. And now we wait to see if Retail Organization will give us a deal. Replace it. Give us a full refund (wouldn't that be great?). And so I woke up with a sore neck. The Chairman is highly dissatisfied. And I won't be making another major purchase without his research capabilities first. So! Here's another can of worms for you! What mattress do you recommend???

The weekend's events were very sad and comforting at the same time. We saw raw and deep loss mixed with more comfort than can be humanly understood. We feel for the family. So much it hurts. And desperately hope that the pain of loss can be lessened with time. I marvel at the Spirit of giving and caring that people show forth. It is again inspiring.

I love it when I whip my hair back into a quick twist ponytail and am told my hair 'looks nice' over breakfast. It makes me feel all shy and silly and in love all over again.

I like it when big snowstorms miss us. They predicted a doozy to hit last night and today. And well... it ins't coming. Hooray for easier walks!

And so I must go. On the path and into the woods. Early yesterday morning a woodpecker and I had some good eye contact. And man-oh-howdy can that bird really go at it! Amusing actually.

5 comments:

  1. Just be glad you didn't just get taken for 2500-3000 dollars like we just did from a "friend" who promised to fix a leaky roof, and took our money, but is now not returning phone calls. Don't know a thing about mattresses, but someone recently bought a new Temperpedic(?) and had this to say about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That storm that missed you...must have been the one that got us. 5 inches of heavy snow...no need for a walk for me today, the shoveling was enough. Felt good, even broke a sweat but my shoulder is screaming at me now. Never can win.

    I enjoy your Monday Mundane or Muse...either way I enjoy hearing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we're getting a new washer and dryer! going from 40 gallons per load to 18 gallons! woot woot! appliances are great!
    i read your monday musings more often than the news. i enjoy yours more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mattress sounds like quite a few others I've read about, and the results weren't too favorable :( We've tried out 3 in the last couple years & I dislike all of them. I'm not especially wanting to buy without some pretty consistent favorable reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so you've gone back to using a nail brush, eh? Ah well- happy about your new dishwasher!

    ReplyDelete