Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday Musings

I was going to skip today because quite frankly, I'm a bit short of time or brains or whatever is lacking. But will post a few pics instead of a lot of musing.
Almost done with 5th grade!  Where does time go...
State presentation
Think I mentioned that we had some graduates in our area again this year.  For some of you far away friends that might know them, I'll post a couple pics...
McKenna, Travis, and Heather
Heather with her folks

See those nice people above?  They were and still are very influential people in our lives.  You see their choices very much had an affect on a life-altering choice for us.  Their darling, healthy, bright little girls inspired us to move forward.  At just the right moments, encouragement was given.  At stressful moments in the paper-chase, strength was given.  And reassurances came ofen, 'it'll be just right'.  And it was and we are thankful they helped us.  And still are....


McKenna and her folks

See those nice people above?  They are neighbors to us.  Nice to the core.  Actually I'll admit something.  The Mrs. kinda scared the willies out of me for awhile...  a lovely home.  Beautiful yard.  Three spit-polished kids.  Great husband.  She seemed almost out of my 'league'.  And maybe she still is... but now she's my friend.  And now we talk about reading glasses and sharing rooms in the nursing home some day...

all the parents
Added for cute factor.  Little girl getting a little sibling
very, very soon.
So yesterday we had some company.  It wasn't planned ahead of time.  It was fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of company.  Usually when we have company, I want to make sure the sheets in the linen closet are starched before they come.  You know... everything should be perfect.  This time they followed us home.  I tried to think about what our meal would be.  I scurried in the door and had 38 seconds to do a quick search of misplaced items (only located one errant t-shirt in the living room).  And you know what?  It was nice.  Very nice.  And certainly a lot less stressful!

So I peeked in the 'Guidance' folder of our 3rd grader.  They are doing career surveys in 3rd grade!  Really!  Like the kind I took my junior year of high school (and still had no clue what I wanted to do).  Guess it never is too early!

Really!  I must go... no more musings for this Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I know Heather!!
    Is it just me, or does it seem like every family that has ever adopted from China knows each other?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow- I knew all of those kids when they were... ok- maybe before they started school! I think McKenna was a kindergartener when I stayed with them. It sort of takes my breath away... But don't they look nice there?
    Oh- and we hunted frogs in the creek with Heather and her sis. ;)

    ReplyDelete