Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Words on Wednesday

Another fresh haircut

the view from this side

'raw' chicken on the counter

what are we doing here?
So what's happening here?  Not too much.  The Chairman is spending a lot of time in his chair at his desk at his job doing what he does best.  It's good as there is work.  It isn't good as it is the time of the year when he hates to be inside.  So I feel a bit of angst when I can mosey outside to pull weeds and take the dog for a walk.  Seems unfair.  But I can't do what he does.

Today I have a big knot in my stomach.  You see some people we care about just lost a near full-term baby girl.  They have joined 'the club'.  The club of those who have lost.  Someone said to me today that we'll know what to say to them.  In some ways, yes.  In other ways, no.  But hearing of the extreme sadness they are facing brings back a flood of memories and a few tears.  I wish they didn't have to go through what they are today.  And I wish they didn't have to go through what they will for the next year and beyond.  Because it hurts.  Very, very deeply.  And life brings richest blessing and moves on.  But the ache will remain in the background with a little less intensity.

And a beautiful baby girl was also born last night to some other friends.  She has a lovely big sister.  And she'll bring a lot of joy to the home and to others I'm sure.

There was another blog hit.  This time from South Africa.  The poor people were searching for "Happy birthday to a sister that lost a loved one".  Hope the person that was searching wasn't the one that was lost.  Huh?

I think our fine state was transplanted to Ireland.  We still are lingering in the 60's with a lot of gray and plenty of rain.

I spent an hour yesterday looking for a misplaced library book.  One of the MYP here denied ever seeing it.  I looked and looked and looked and looked and lo and behold!  It was sitting right on top of a cabinet in the basement right next to where she had been playing the day before.  (sigh)  I am happy though that there are no missing items!

The Chicken Lady stopped in today.  With nothing less than a box of peeping chicks!  They were on their way to a new home.  So the MYP had a great time holding them and listening to their peeps.  (Don't tell the Chairman that they were on the island eating bread crumbs though.  He wouldn't approve.)

I think this is enough...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my... their poor aching hearts. Now mine aches a little too, not knowing the people, not ever having experienced it, but "feeling" it in a measure for anyone walking that valley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not a fun "club" to belong to, that's for sure. I am only VERY grateful that we had so many wonderful years with Jessica. I don't know what it would feel like to never even have been able to have a few short minutes with your child. :(

    ReplyDelete