Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday Musings

Better get this going or it'll be Tuesday Musings.  And somehow, that doesn't have such a nice ring to it.  You see the Chairman took the MYP away for a few minutes.  And so I can actually type in peace.  Not a lot of that going on around here now that summer vacation is upon us.

Actually, for a couple days under my belt (not that I'm wearing one), it's gone fairly well.  The other night I went berserk.  Child number one was taking issue with child number 2.  But child number 3 thought some indiscretion happened and retaliated to child number 1.  Then child number 2 got involved and there was a full-blown fracas.  Physical force was used.  A few tears.  And a loud yell and some preaching from mom about 'loving your neighbor' means more than just loving the people in the green house nearby.  And it got better.  Mostly.  For a few hours anyway!

I'm surprised though on how much I'm accomplishing with them home.  They can pull their own weight!  Son #1 actually made enchiladas and our coffee and washed the van for me.  And it was done cheerfully.  Busy is good in his world.  I'm trying to overlook the humongous mess all around my feet of the remnants of the latest paper fighter jet he simply created with computer paper, some elbow grease, and a bit of tape.

Did you know blackberries can leave horrific stains on beige carpeting?  Well if you didn't, now you do.  I'm still trying to figure out how that happened since we only eat over the hardwood floor.

I'd like to grab a gun and shoot, but I think the neighbors would take issue.  You see Peter Rabbit likes green beans almost as much or more so than I do.  And so he happily hopped down the rows and kindly left four bean plants standing.  I've replaced them with squash plants as rumor has it, they aren't as tasty.

Should I mention that son #1's baseball team hasn't lost a game?  I probably shouldn't as that would come across as bragging.  So I won't.

Riveting stuff here, but that's the best I can offer today.  Saw a list recently that makes me almost anxious for fall and privileges!  Hooray for help from afar!

1 comment:

  1. So how'd you get that stain out?

    You're not the only one looking forward to fall privileges! Yay! ;)

    ReplyDelete