Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday Musings

Not a lot to offer up today.  Once again we'll see what the keyboard has to share.

We're in the throes of summer.  Or is it throws?  Well you don't 'throw' summer, but it does go by quickly.  I digress.  Kids finding every which way to be with this friend or that one.  Last night after g.m. we lost a son and gained a daughter.  Now the three 'daughters' are busy writing, directing, and editing a play.  I see my wedding skirt is part of the costume line-up.  Hope there isn't a witch in the cast....

And summer means baseball for son #1.  After an undefeated season so far, we were royally handed a lesson in humility.  The team was handily spanked for all three games.  Think slaughter-rule.  Not sure why.  That's baseball I guess.  But I do have some sunburned kneecaps to show for it.

I just realized I'm stubborn.  Oh really you say?  Well I was born under the sign of the Taurus.  My dad used to say I was 'stubborn as a mule'.  Takes one to know one!  (tee-hee).  But I was trying to prove a point the other day.  And I was absolutely positively certain that I was right and that I made sense.  But I didn't.  And the biggest problem was that I was trying to make a point to the Chairman.  Well if you don't know him very well, I'll tell you something.  He's smart.  Like super-smart.  And he called me on it.  And I was wrong and finally realized it about 15 minutes after the 'discussion' was over.  Rats.  So much for some self-satisfaction stubbornness that gets stomped on.

I'm still having problems with massage therapists.  You see "T" quit the place I went to and is now doing it on her own in homes.  Then they told me to choose "J" since her style/pressure/what-not was very similar.  I saw "J" for maybe 4 or 5 times and then got a call.  "J" has left the building.  I was smart enough to not bother asking why since they'd never tell me anyway.  So now on to "R".  Trying to use up five more backed up ones so I can quit.  Who ever would think that massages were such a hassle?

One of son #1's birthday gifts was a remote control helicopter.  Was told about it by a family member (shout out to T!) that it was a great deal.  Yep.  Regular retail $119 or something.  Sold on-line for $20.  I like deals like that.  And it works super-neat.  Especially with an 18' great room ceiling that ends with a hall upstairs.  So we have a helicopter buzzing by these days.

I was alone with a couple of the kids the other night so we went to the local lakefront 'Beach Party'.  Went because there is a water skiing show and ice cream and people to stare at and a beach to enjoy. My favorite scene was probably the doofus of a guy that walked by with an equally-looking doofus-y girlfriend.  But the t-shirt he was sporting said, 'if you knew my family, you'd understand'.  Now that is an honest guy I tell ya.  Lisi went sporting her 4th of July bandana.  I may be her owner.  And I may like her just a little bit.  So I may be a bit biased.  But she was wildly popular there.  Like we had throngs of people coming up to pet her.  To ask her name.  To give her a taste of their ice cream.  She kissed babies and old ladies alike.  And for her it was the best day ever.  So I came to the conclusion that people that go to outdoor 'Beach Parties' like dogs.

Well times a-wastin'.  So best be on my way.

p.s.  did you know the days are getting shorter now?  How's that for a little day-brightener for you?

4 comments:

  1. Good to catch up with your little family. Remind me not to push a point with a "smart" or a "stubborn" person. ;-) I actually might fall under the category of stubborn too...you could ask my husband to make sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stubborn? Nope--Not ME... ;P
    And can you explain why the days start getting shorter as soon as "summer"-by the calendar at least is finally here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do the massages have to be experienced by you? I know someone who will be through your area on Saturday and next Tuesday that likes massages. That person might like to help you "use them up". ;-) Kidding! I wouldn't want to deprive you of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, sigh, I'd noticed the days getting shorter thing, too. sigh.
    (Ps- how cool- the little US flag from Nappanee is me now! Not that I'm in Nappanee but still...) ;)

    ReplyDelete