Friday, June 3, 2011

What is so rare...

as a day in June.  I hope all you winter-lovers out there just sorta enjoy these wonderful June days.  Wow... and we don't even have mosquitoes yet!  The garden pops.  The flowers open (well those that weren't whipped to death or submission to the wind).

A baby was born today!  And she looks very cute.  And she's kinda-sorta related to us.  But we don't take credit for the cute.  We'll leave that to her nice parents.

So the ticks had the last laugh.  The night after the 'Ticked' post I was awoken suddenly in the night that something wasn't right.  Thought I felt something crawling on my leg.  Leaped out of bed and shook my pj's with the lights off (didn't want to alarm the  Chairman you know).  Crawl back in bed and lie there another few moments.  Feel that sensation again.  Jump out of bed even faster and race to the bathroom.  Turn on the light and there is the tick.  Just getting ready to settle in for a nice drink of my blood.  Eeew.  So I pulled him out and flushed him and went back to bed and slept very lightly imagining LOTS of creepy-crawlies all over.

Then!  Last night I'm folding up yet another load of laundry and see something.  Pull it off and realize it was another tick that survived the wash and dry cycle.  Those buggers are strong.  And prevalent in these parts in the spring.  But don't get me wrong.  I still love love love spring.

So I came back from a little grocery shopping and looked at the island and realized I may have been a little too enthusiastic about all the fruits available.  At this moment we have in our house, a watermelon, cantaloupe, pears, peaches, grapes, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, apples, and bananas.  But it is good and healthy and it'll be gone before you know it.

Have I mentioned they've begun the construction of a Costco that will be five minutes from our house?  I like that we can hear roosters crowing nearby and still have great shopping as well!

Tomorrow is the local graduation picnic for three of our friends.  I'm again very impressed with them.  Such nice, promising, lovely young people.  Makes me a bit squeamish that their parents are the same age as... me!

Oh and did I ever mention that I like spring?

1 comment:

  1. well- I like spring but I'm no fan of ticks. At All.

    ReplyDelete