Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday Musings

Did you know I actually take notes some weeks to be sure that I include thoughts on Monday Musings?  I'm cool like that.  This week?  Not so much.

I was amazed, flattered, and slightly humbled.  This past week this lovely specimen of literary excellence had passed over 50,000 views in its lifetime.  I mean really?  Monday Musings are mostly mundane.  But to keep slightly humble, I need to remember there are innocent victims out there.  People like the one from a couple days ago.  He/she Googled "how to praise the Chairman" from a remote place in India.  Well, no use stopping here for tips.  I'm not really good at positives for some reason.  And so this Chairman doesn't get all the praise he deserves.

Sleepovers are not for sissies.  I'm not talking about the un-named child that went to the sleepover.  I'm talking about the poor siblings and parents that deal with a sleep-deprived child after the sleepover.  Lets just say that about two hours before the 'normal bedtime', this child got a one-way ticket to the bedroom and told in no uncertain terms that the next time we want to see the child is at the breakfast table.  It worked.

I awoke very early yesterday morning and headed for a brief Sunday-morning walk to clear my head of unnecessary clutter.  What to my wondering eyes did appear was a street full of pumpkins!  Since I'm such a neat blogger, I ran back to the house for my camera.  Took a couple shots of the pumpkins crossing the road for evidence.  But as I look at the picture, it looks like a bunch of pumpkins filling up a roadway.  Hardly worth the effort to download.  So just pretend you saw it.  Why did someone do that you ask?  No clue.

Lisi is 112% better.  In fact, she has been doing some naughty stuff like insisting on digging a hole in one of our garden beds in the front of the house.  I filled it up.  Yelled at her (even though it was pointless).  And the hole reappeared.  I'm worried she's going to kill the tree nearby.  Why does she keep digging in the exact same spot.  Stoopid dog.  I just realized that the 3 1/2 pills routine I must poke down her throat twice/day is going to go on for an entire month.  Oh well.  Beats having a dead dog.

I sent the who-brings-what list for Thanksgiving this morning.  We are hosting again for friends and family.  I love opening our doors to others.  But figuring out in a fair way who should contribute what makes me queasy.

I almost said something to someone yesterday.  It was something they would have found interesting.  And even informative.  But as I was about to say it, I realized it wouldn't make that person feel better.  So I didn't share it.  Have been thinking about that since.  I am a talker.  I know that.  It is my weakness at times - saying too much.  I need to learn how to only share things that will make people feel better.  Or more thankful.  Or encouraged in their journey.  That's a lot more profitable than sharing just because I could share.  I'm glad for the lesson.  I hope to get better at this.

Mused out.

5 comments:

  1. when Blizzard got road burn after being run over the vet gave him some pills and "pill pouches"..little soft meat treat things that you place the pill in and squeeze to make a ball and down the gullet it goes...only i've given him the treat with no pill in it and it seems he maybe learned that there was something weird in it because he checks them first now. you might give that a try for Lisi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can bury a little of Lisi's poo in her hole and she should stop digging in that spot...at least it works for Lexi. Our obedience class instructor told me that little tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good reminder, there are times you don't need to say everything you think. I'm wondering about the pumpkins. How do you drive down the road?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not fair. You must share the pumpkin picture. It bothers me more to not see that then to not know what you didn't share. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes- I'd like to see those pumpkins, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete