Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Monday Musings (plus one day)

Sorry for being MIA.  I know so many of you depend on the Musings to start your week right.  Hope you were able to handle yesterday without me.  You see I've been busy.  Very busy indeed.  And I'm taking time out of my busy schedule to get some thoughts penned typed frantically because I'm loyal like that.

So in light of our past holiday I'm thankful.

Thankful for food in abundance.  We hosted Thanksgiving.  People brought what I requested and a whole lot more.  And I'm thankful that I was so busy that I didn't overeat! 


I'm thankful for the 'extras' that came to our Thanksgiving Day gathering.  And I'm especially thankful that the Chairman's family feels just like my own.  
I'm thankful for the Chairman.  And that he so willingly helps get our home ready for the extra 40 people that came to share the day.  (But I'm not so thankful that when he follows me home Sunday night he calls my cell to inform me that I'm "weaving in your lane").  tee-hee


I'm thankful for this niece.  I'm thankful that she is a wonderful example of what a young adult should be to our daughters.  I'm thankful that she has found a perfectly suited mate for life.  And I'm thankful we get to attend the wedding in one month!
I'm thankful that these two are my parents.  


I'm thankful I met these young people.  They were all very nice!

I'm thankful that dad just celebrated his 81st birthday in good health with an optimistic outlook of the next venture.
 
 I'm thankful for my family once more.
I'm thankful for very dry firewood that warms us from the inside out.

I'm thankful that my oven didn't die until the day after Thanksgiving.  I ran the self-cleaning feature after a spill-over and ka-BLAM!  The thermostat blew.  I'm hoping it is fixed yesterday very soon.

And I'm thankful we are a part of a way that plans to have shepherds or shepherdesses stay with us in our homes.  We appreciate the influence they bring.  And we appreciate the fact that we can read life-altering things and play spoons all within the same evening.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it all so wonderful?? I had to take a break last evening and write about our days too. Shorted myself on sleep, but I need to write before I forgot anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh, now my week can begin, haha, thanks for being so dependable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! We've followed your "Musings" and now we know who you are. Was glad to see a picture of Paul and Betty because we know them and have for some time. Also your Uncle Alan. Your feast looked wonderful. We were alone as our kids come for xmas. Have a good week. Maynard and Janie Faber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your perfectly thankful Thanksgiving with us!
    Deena in CA

    ReplyDelete