Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday's thoughts...

The fire burns in the stove.  Toasty-warm toes.  Thankful for very dry wood this year that is dense and kicks off some serious BTU's.

Two of the MYP came downstairs in the past several minutes with reports of strange noises upstairs.  One said it sounded like a 'wheee-woo, wheee-woo' siren.  The other said she heard a 'boing-boing'.  I would go up and investigate.  But my mothering instinct says it is simply another delay-tactic opportunity.  I'm tired so they need to go to bed.  Right?  But tomorrow if I see a rabbit with a set of lights on his back, I'll know I found the reason for all the noises up there.

Tonight I'm thankful for Goodwill.  Lisi got three new "monkeys" (stuffed animals she LOVES) for a bit more than nickels.  She's very pleased.  One is actually 'Snoopy'.  Seems kind of sacrilege for her to be chewing on another dog.  I found two new skirts.  One was an Ann Taylor Loft for $4.99!  Then after that stop, I decided to go more high-brow and stopped at the Dollar Tree.  I'm classy like that.

Tonight's menu consisted of meatloaf, homemade mac & cheese, squash, and fruit salad.  Why am I telling you this?  Well the meatloaf was actually a bit better than the run-of-the-mill uninspired meatloaf.  In fact, since I love you all so much, I'll link it for you  right here.  I'm no gourmet cook.  But I am a cook for a family and when they all like something... well it must be mentioned.

Do you recall the quandary I was in a few days ago?  You know the hole that the dog deemed necessary in our front yard?  Well thanks to the suggestion of a loyal reader (thanks HH!), I went out to the back 40 acre and brought up some of the morning 'deposits' that Lisi had made and set them on the repaired hole.  She was utterly baffled.  I think in her mind she thought I was setting her up to do her business in the front yard right under the tree.  Luckily, she took matters in her own paws and continues to go out in the back lot.  And even more luckily, the now-filled hole is still level (with a turd on the top mind you).

Since we have a boat-load of people coming to eat turkey with us next week, I need to start getting my ducks in a row.  Oh wait, we're not serving ducks.  So they don't need to be in a row.  But the dinner rolls need to be.  As well as the MYP sitting spit-polished waiting at the door.  Or not.



4 comments:

  1. Thursday greetings from NE!
    Smiling here as usual when I stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought I'd get a mention in your blog because of poop...aaahhh isn't life grand :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such funny stuff on the Thursday thoughts posting. Just a chuckling away here in NE !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm classy too because when I lived in Bend, OR I would shop at goodwill all the time! I would find banana republic skirts with the tags still on!!

    ReplyDelete