Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday Musings

Mondays.  Oh how I love you.  Your newness of the week.  The quietness of the house.  The clean slate of possibilities that lie ahead.  Or I could just go take a nap and procrastinate a bit.  But I better not.

I'm thankful that our son participated in a football game and didn't ride in the ambulance after.  In fact, it looked kinda like this:  a very chilly morning.  One more game and we call it a season.
I spent the afternoon thawing out with this young lady - just the two of us.  It was very nice.  However it wasn't raining in Walmart as it appears.

Lets see.  Here's a 'selfie' I took with my walking pal yesterday.  Just because it was cold and we both were smiling.
A couple things from FB.  I think Lisi is moonlighting with some other special someone named "Kerry" that likes flowers.  It must have been a very nice party!  I wish I had been invited.

I liked this one.  Well I'm a frazzled mom some days and well... I'm not always calm.  Just ask the MYP.
  
Then there's the "share if your... such and such".  One I saw this week.  "Share if your daughter is beautiful and smart".  Well to me, my daughters are.  But if I don't share, do people think that they are somewhat homely and not real bright?  Or what if I do and they really aren't beautiful and smart and people make fun of me?  Wow.  I've quit wishing you all happy birthdays unless I really would want to do it in person.  FB can bring a lot of quandary in a life.  Recently, I read this article.  Apparently you feel worse checking in on the lives of others.  This past week I felt insecure because so many people were taken up with running  in beautiful locations or their own neighborhood and posting about how good they felt after their efforts.  So I ate some more cheese balls.  Even though the article says I should feel worse checking in on FB, I did have a little chuckle when I read about a dear lady whose phone went swimming in a very icky place and she fessed up to where it swam.  tee-hee.

Yesterday, we fed the multitudes, but it wasn't loaves and fishes.  It was spaghetti.  A lot of spaghetti.  Like enough for 36 people.  Because I really like (actually love) each and every one that was there and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  Obviously, there was lots of other choices too.   
Well this is enough musing for this Monday.  I better go see what I can accomplish.

1 comment:

  1. I have mixed feeling about facebook. I don't share things as a rule, no matter what they are. I don't think people are watching. I do like to know what people do in their normal lives. I see what people are doing that I like to see and might not email. I go through somedays really quickly and delete what I don't want to look at.

    ReplyDelete