Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday Musings

Hmm.  Where to start?
Wishing you had a toothache?  Then come on over!  She gathered 11.5 pounds of candy on Saturday.  Yes we weighed it.  If I would have told her that she needed to put 11.5 pounds of something in a pillow case and run at least 2.5 miles through two subdivisions, she would have looked at me like my brains were oozing from my ears.  But in the name of candy?  Of course!  Thankfully, we threw out a LOT of last years sometime in January, so she really doesn't eat it all.  

This same young person has a very good school friend.  The thing that is neat about this school friend is that she was born on the exact same day as our child.  How cool is that?  Our young person is older by two hours from what I've heard and that gives her superior pecking order.

We stopped at the cemetery yesterday.  Son #1 was trying to clean off the marker.  There was a new bench very close to our marker.  Sadly, it was for a little baby girl that died recently at 11 months of a disease.  However, it is oddly comforting that the little ones are close to each other.  One of the MYP took a picture of the Chairman and I there.  However it was unflattering (it made me look chubby) and since I'm the sole editor of the Chairman and company, I am not posting it.  It's all about image, right?

Crockpot applesauce!  It is delicious and super-simple and the MYP were asking for more before the first batch was gone.  Throw a bag of peeled sliced apples in with a touch of sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice and water.  Simmer for seven hours on low and voila!  Applesauce!

Lisi got a bath and trim last night.  It costs $60 to take her to the groomer.  If I do it, it is essentially free.  However, she gives me the dirty-double-stare look when I get out the shampoo bottle and tell her to march upstairs.  Then there's the trust issue for weeks later if I head near the closet that holds the shampoo (tee hee)

Then there's football.  The season is one game away from being over with only one loss this year.  In the frigid temperatures in the 30's, Mr. Coach from the other side knew they were losing with two minutes left. He's standing there in his t-shirt and shorts and hoarsely barking out this instruction, 'Hit them!  Just hit anyone you can!'.  Um.  Sir?  Those are our sons out there.  You are going to lose this game as you are down by several touchdowns.  Please don't try to hurt them please.  Football.  I love it and can't wait for it to be over...

I think I've over-mused today.  I'm sorry.  My slightly nice older brother always said (says) I talk too much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment